• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Decal fell in water

sharkman

Master at Arms
So, one of my decals accidentally fell into some water. It soaked through and I fished it out and dried it as it was on the decal paper. My question is has this happened to anyone before and is the decal still usable if I re-wet it again or is it toast?

If you find it doesn't stick when you do get to using it, you could always brush a bit of Future on the spot and then apply the decal.

If it wasn't in the water very long and the decal didn't move around on the paper you should be fine. If it did soak for awhile you should do the future thing suggested by Jeeves. I often use the future anyway if I've had issue with a certain decal brand silvering.

Thanks guys, those are good tips. I'll give them all a try when it comes time to put them on!

:drinks

Or get some, to be on the safe side
h0d61f96.png

h69b6694.png

Back