Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 09 Oct 2019 23:00 #1

Hi guys - I need a little help with the thinning ratios and air pressure for Mr Color paints.

hf49efb7.jpg

I am thinning with the leveling thinner. I started off tonight at 1:1 thinner to paint and I got the wispy cotton cob webs all over my paint hog. Sprayed at around 15 psi. I tried adjusting the thinner ratio and air pressure and it continued.

Anyone have good ratios that make this stuff work? I'm just trying to get through my old stock instead of just tossing it.

Thanks
Mike
Last Edit: 09 Oct 2019 23:04 by Skinny_Mike.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 10 Oct 2019 01:24 #2

Was the consistency like skim milk? Also you might try different air pressures. It might have been a little low if it was doing strings.

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 10 Oct 2019 19:43 #3

Heavens Eagle wrote:
Was the consistency like skim milk? Also you might try different air pressures. It might have been a little low if it was doing strings.

Honestly, I really struggle with the "consistency of milk" thing. I've never been able to figure that out! :bangs head

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 10 Oct 2019 20:10 #4

Just keep adding slowly and mix till you get the result you need.

Just don't mix it in the original container .

Cheers, Christian B)

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 11 Oct 2019 09:16 #5

Don't know about Mr Color but cobwebs with Mr. Surfacer usually indicates not enough thinner
  • Old Dog
  • Old Dog
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 14 Oct 2019 18:48 #6

Sorry I missed all this activity guys! Thanks for weighing in!

I ended up around 3:1 to 4:1 thinner to paint and it seemed to work pretty well. Did some test shots before committing to the FW190. The mottles could have been better, but not to long ago free hand cam was a struggle. Just takes practice.

Thanks for the help folks. I'll have some pictures up later today or tomorrow.

Mike

Need help with Gunze Mr. Color Paints 14 Oct 2019 19:02 #7

Not sure this will help with milk consistancy but someone who use to post at several sites told us to take a wire, dip it in the thinned paint, pull it out, paint should bead up and drop and another drop should bead up and hang on the end of the wire. That's how he use to do it and the times I tried it, it worked. I generally just eyeball it nowadays.
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds