• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gallery Issue

Duke Maddog

I was trying to upload some photos to the Gallery and the flash driven multiple upload interface seems not to be loading. Is this on my PC? Please advise, thanks.

I posted a fix for this a while ago. when the little red (pink?) box shows up click on the "Adobe website" link in the text. When the pop up comes up select "Allow". It should then work fine for the current session.

Something I have learned is that the old "Flash " player is slowly phasing out and slowly being removed from the browsers. Chrome is doing away with support entirely after December of 2020.

I will look around and see if I can find the graphics I posted a while back when I get home tonight. We might have to figure out something eventually to work with the graphics storage.

Thanks Paul. When I try to upload, I get a blue box that says "interface is loading, please wait.", then I get a yellow box that says: "Upload interface is taking a long time to load or the load has failed. Please make sure that the Flash Plugin is enabled and that a working version of the Flash Player is installed.
Alternately you can use the single file upload interface." with a link to the single file upload. I don't get a pink box. As far as I know the flash plugin is still active in my Firefox browser. I guess I could upload 20+ pics individually, but I was hoping to save time...

EDIT: I clicked on the place where I would normally choose pics and I got a request from my browser that said "Would you like the Flash player to work on this site? Yes/No" So I clicked yes and now I can load.

Stay tuned, I got pics coming in to add to my Manufacturing Thread!

I know Bob. It's sad too because I can't copy and paste my post into other Forums when I do attachments. I just wish there was a better Gallery where I could keep all my photos. All photo hosting sites fall woefully short of what I need because they don't hold enough pics without having to pay extra (that I cannot afford to pay for) and many have difficult posting procedures. I guess all good things must come to an end. I just don't know how I'll be able to post all my updates in the future once this all goes away...

Attaching files sure work easier than the gallery.

20190519_194137.jpg

But the gallery does still work. Just have to enable Flash, it doesn't automatically start nowadays.

Back