• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Japanese a/c prototype color

MichelC

Apparently WW II Japanese a/c prototypes and trainer were painted a yellow/orange color. After Googling the subject, looking for what paint to use, I feel I know less than when I started. Any help on this would be appreciated, especially advise on what hobby paint to use.

M

I have seen where FS 32246 has been suggested as the colour.

http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=32246

Japanese a/c are not my forte so I cant vouch for this with confidence.

Lifecolor makes a paint

71638d4c4554509b9638784f2d6c77b9.image.821x950.jpg

Hope that is of some use.

James

Complicated paint....suggested FS 22544

Possible matches Vallejo # 23 or 24

Gunze H-24

Hope that helps

Cheeers, Christian B)

Thank you both for taking the time to answer!

Christian, I'm not sure what you mean with Vallejo 23 & 24. Vallejo usually uses 5 digit reference codes. I found none that ends in 23 or 24 that is an orange or yellow color. :eek:hmy:

M

The 23 & 24 refer to the "rack position" and correspond to 70.805 German Orange and 70.851 Bright Orange in the Model Color range.

Cheers,
Rich

Thank you both for taking the time to answer!

Christian, I'm not sure what you mean with Vallejo 23 & 24. Vallejo usually uses 5 digit reference codes. I found none that ends in 23 or 24 that is an orange or yellow color. :eek:hmy:

M

Sorry M. I've always found it so much easier to find these things by the two digit number instead of trying to remember the five digit one.

Guess I should not assume everyone does the same .

If you can't find any of these , I remember reading the Model Master paint name that was also close .

Grabber Orange which is the corresponding orange color for the Chevy engine color .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back