• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Show us your build

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all its Tuesday 1st Novemeber and here we go,.................. (y)

Post up your figures and have fun

Campaign rules apply

Post your unstarted figure with a date and show us your prep and paint processes and of course show us you bases and groundwork should you be displaying it in that manner

That's why we're doing this Gene. Andy and the other master figure painters are going to be giving us all some lessons. that's why I'm not starting till I see some paint flying. :mpup

Give it a shot Gene. Its all good fun and if you learn something thats gravy (y) (y)
Big thing is Fun

James

The problem is, I'm 95% blind in 1 eye. So I have no depth perception. So I can't tell if I am 3" away, or slathering paint all over everything!!! :(

The problem is, I'm 95% blind in 1 eye. So I have no depth perception. So I can't tell if I am 3" away, or slathering paint all over everything!!! :(

Ooh that s*cks,Gene!
Must be hard doing modeling also.

I have one eye damaged [astigmatic],so depth perception is sometimes hard.

It can really be frustrating at times. :(

...whatever!...I enjoy this hobby!

Greetings,Ron.

Agree with Ron it really suck when your eyes let you down :(
Have problems to and will be needing new glasses soon, without the optivisor i'm lost in the fog.
//Mats

Gene, I was struck in the eye with an ice ball in grade school, tearing my cornea. Over the years the scar tissue has continued to grow and basically render me legally blind in the right eye. I can have a lens replacement procedure but have no insurance now so that's not really an option

...but anyways, I too have a lot of trouble with depth perception and cannot model without my optivisors. If you don't own a pair, might I suggest giving them a try? It has helped me a great deal.

I may have something to enter in this one but we'll see. I'll have to dig through the spares box and see what resin body parts I have.

:pp

Ken,
I have one. Doesn't help with that. Allows me to see things clearer, but doesn't do much good for depth perception.

We all have ours don't we? I'm deaf, not stone deaf, but i have about 20% hearing in each ear and tinnitus, its a hereditary thing- my mother recently had a cochlear implant on her right ear-it was painful and it messed her balance up for awhile but it worked and she is great with it now.
I now need glasses to read, i can see fine at a distance- but i cant use those magnifying lamps, i cant work with the lens between me and the subject- maybe my depth perception is screwed a little too?

Back