• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Midieval Siege Weopons

mikec

Greetings figure builders;

Medieval Siege Weopons (1)
Western Europe 585-1385 AD ..
David Nicolle, & Sam Thompson
Vanguard .................#58
Osprey Pub ............ 2002.

I have looked at this pic for quit some time,
and for the life of me, I can not figure it
out. I do not think it would ever work.

How is that one little rock, going to throw
all of these women over the castle wall ...... ?

... :D ...,

Mike

I was always fascinated by this topic and the trouble they went to to construct and move this stuff. Even though they would sometimes build the gear on site material availability would cause them to carry the pieces from where ever they started to where ever they were going- crazy.

And don't think for a second that those boiling vats they poured over the walls onto invaders was oil- oil was a resource and a siege is a battle of attrition. The plumber knows what true free resource was really boiling in those vats- and sometimes they served that 'entre' cold and lumpy. YUCK.

Here is a great example of a field produced stealth weapon being wheeled up to the walls with sheer man power...

HolyGrail067.jpg

They were clever then, here it brings death from the skies...

HolyGrail070.jpg

Sorry Mike- you hit on a favorite subject here, I couldn't resist. Keep posting these items! CR

Greetings CR;

..... No problemento, anytime you have something to add to
one of my post, feel free. That is why it is here, for discussion
purposes.

... :pilot ...,

Mike

Back