• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

THE STAR OF AFRICA...JUST FINISHED!!...

lupanzer

Master at Arms
Hi mates!

My entry in this campaign will be a vignette that shows the german fighter pilot Hans Joachin Marseille alongside a British plane destroyed...

...the itens were manufactured by Andrea Miniatures in the 1/8 scale...

...take from Wikipedia;

``...Hans-Joachim Walter Rudolf Siegfried Marseille (13 December 1919 – 30 September 1942) was a German fighter pilot during World War II. A flying ace, he is noted for his aerial battles during the North African Campaign. All but seven of his 158 claimed victories were against the British Desert Air Force over North Africa. No other pilot claimed as many Western Allied aircraft as Marseille.

Marseille joined the Luftwaffe, in 1938. At the age of 20 he participated in the Battle of Britain, without notable success. As a result of poor discipline, he was transferred to another unit (JG 27), which relocated to North Africa in April 1941.

Under the guidance of his new commander, Marseille quickly developed his abilities as a fighter pilot. He reached the zenith of his career on 1 September 1942, when during the course of three combat sorties he claimed 17 Allied aircraft. For this he received the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds. A month later, Marseille was killed in a flying accident after his aircraft suffered engine failure. Forced to abandon his fighter, Marseille struck its vertical stabiliser and was either killed instantly or incapacitated and unable to open his parachute...``

The photos of the vignette done by Andrea painters:

My usual start pictures :

...a help please ?...can anyone tell me, waht´s the British plane that is alongside Marseille... a Bristol Blenhein, maybe?...really I do not known very well some British planes used in the WWII...

See you soon. Regards!

Luiz.

THE STAR OF AFRICA...

Looks cool Luiz!!

I would say you are correct that this plane is a Blenheim, I would say a MK IV by the shape of the windows..

:popcorn

THE STAR OF AFRICA...

Found the actual picture on this site

https://www.lesasdelaluftwaffe.fr/jg-27/158-v-hans-joachim-marseille/

THE STAR OF AFRICA...

I recently read about him in a book that I got as a Christmas gift, he was quite the character and was well known for going out to look for aircraft that he had shot down and in some cases rescuing (read capturing) the pilot. If the pilot was dead he would see to it he was properly buried and would fly over the pilot's base at risk to himself to drop a message reporting the pilots death.

Looking forward to what you do with this!

THE STAR OF AFRICA...

Thank you nsmekanik, Mike and Mike, for the attention and support...hope not disapointed you :drinks

Luiz.

THE STAR OF AFRICA...8th Update.

Hi all!

Some parts of this vignette were missing when I bought it...so, let´s go...

...see you soon...a lot of work to do! :frantic

Luiz.

THE STAR OF AFRICA...July 8th UPDATE.

Looking great Luiz! The paint stage will really make this pop!!!

THE STAR OF AFRICA...July 8th UPDATE.

Thank you guys for the nice replys!... very appreciate!

Luiz.

Back