• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Short Crusader (Karaya 1/48)

sharkman

Master at Arms
start up pic!

h403929d.jpg

should be an interesting build, I might try to modify the engine a bit as the shrouds are molded wrong...

h6b9f884.jpg

Made a bit more progress here

added a couple small fishing weights to the floats to counter balance the weight

hb9cc452.jpg

Drilled out the fuselage and wings. These had little resin tabs which won't support squat so I'll replace them with some rod for support

h7bbb441.jpg

Pit painted! Added a belt to the seat I made with furnace tape

h89b14de.jpg

hb53bc57.jpg

Got the floats cemented together. For my resin models, I always use Bob Smith Industries cyanoacrylate

hbc197fa.jpg

cemented the fuse together as well. This will require a little filling. the most difficult part of this kit is going to be the struts, The Crusader only had 4 struts and wires holding everything together.

h584d1f9.jpg

Some historical pics!

h56d5f9e.jpg

hbf343ae.jpg

You can see in these images, most of the cylinder heads have the custom shrouds ("helmets") removed with only the top one in place. They are quite different to how the kit was molded.

hcbfcbd7.jpg

Helmets in place!

h63060f0.jpg

h3509b8a_2018-07-22.jpg

hd4b4e69.jpg

h8a15402.jpg

One of the common mistakes seen in illustrations of this plane is that the struts are painted blue, when they were actually white (as seen in these images).

Back