• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lettering and numbering on Tires , Opinions Wanted

Hey Guys,
hf3cc4ea.jpeg

h158dee2.jpeg

h7abccfd.jpeg

h03a7ca7.jpeg

h538badb.jpeg

h538badb_2019-05-22.jpeg

h133988b.jpeg

h23e73e0.jpeg

hcbe284f.jpeg

This Q isn’t really just about the 8 Wheelers but myself and a bunch of us have lately been Discussing the 8 wheeler Tires.So as I was going through real pics on them for our discussion something I started noticing about the tires. We were discussing which tires were best by size looks and details and some had lettering and numbering which I think does look cool. Now my Q is do we need these letters and numbers?. I was looking at the pics and have entered a few here and I believe the L and No do not really eyeball up , so I wanted a group opinion on this. In 1/35 do we need these L and No or are they just cool looking ? I do realize they are actually there on the real McCoys but are they reallyEvident? Below I have entered a few pics enlarge them and make your opinion , I do not see them by eyeball?

It depends on the tire. Some show the lettering quite well, others just had a minimal amount of info. An example would be the tires on a Ju-88. In 1/32nd scale they are fairly large. Many of the photos I have show minimal or no lettering on the sides of the tires. Then there are a few that do. The only example I can show is this one from my Ju-88 build with the Eduard tire on the landing gear. In this case the lettering shows and is correct. It is also early war. Later war tires I am sure it was much less of an issue, just some basic size, I.D. , and possibly some PSI info.

h0c59173.jpg

In this case the lettering is all large enough to see and read.

I think the only way to get the lettering done right is with 3D printing

I'll check as I thought someone on shapeways was offering they can do any type of tires

Back