• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BiAthlon, TriAthlon, ... PentAthlon GB (long term)

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Hi All,

I always thought that people leaving their comfort zone to try something new always makes for good friends by learning the various disciplines needed for each type.

A long term (1 year) GB whereby modelers would try their hands at FIVE different genres has always appealed to me. It must be the masochist or the need to learn.

Anyway, imagine having a year to build any five (one each) of the following:

AFV
Aircraft
Civilian Ground Vehicles
Figures
Science Fiction
Ships (or anything that floats or sinks intentionally)

I see several modelers already displaying builds in multiple genres so this is carrying it to the extreme and allows those posting to hear from more experienced modelers.

Just a thought...

Hi Saul.

Well, the only one of your suggested groups I haven't done yet is the Sci Fi stuff. But I think it would need to be longer than a year at the pace some of us :whistle: work at. We have group builds with just one item that manages about a 50% - 70% completion rate :eek:hmy: . If you only extend a build by three months and hope that people will finish 2, 3, or even more builds I fear it would drop down to about 2% :pinch: completion rate.

But it does sound very interesting to me. So maybe we could do it more like a challenge, with some kind of reward system. Like maybe something to add by any ones rank under their avatar. Possibly something like an "E" for each "out of the comfort zone" build genre the finish. So this way someone (Jenny for instance) could build an airplane. She gets an "E" for excellence pip under her rank. If she builds another airplane (Hah) she will not get another pip. But if she builds a Formula 1 racer, she gets another "E" pip.

But someone like me that already does lots of other stuff :hmmm ,I don't know :idonno . Maybe we could give out badges for bravery for finishing something with no beer :eek:hmy: .

Gary B)

The E is superimposed over a silhouette of the genre completed!

Anyway, I was just throwing the idea out there!

Regards,

Back