• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Massive Scale Madness

nerdling

In the past there have been several microscale madness campaigns. Builds where you had to finish in a month or under. Would anybody be interested in trying that same concept but with kits that are 1/35 and larger. Of course the time limit would have to be extended due to larger part counts and such. But basically it would include anything in any scale as long as it was 1/35 scale or larger.

What do you think about 1/24 scale and up, 1/35 is pretty common in the armor world? Cars 1/20th scale and up?

I would think that 1/32 for a/c, and at least 1/20 for cars. I have several 1/32 planes and a couple 1/12 cars in my stash. Not sure what to suggest for armor. I know there are some 1/16 kits out now for armor. For ships I'd say 1/350.

Just a thought but maybe go by actual size of the model. A 1/72 scale corvette or u-boat is pretty massive where as a 1/32 scale Me 163 is not very big at all. Maybe make it so that it has to be more than two feet (60cm) in at least one dimension? :idonno

...or maybe a combined dimension LxWxH = ???

Very good point, I hadnt thought of the 1/72 U-boats & Corvette (both of which are in my stash).

I guess in that case something like a 1/72 B-36 or a 1/48 B-29 could be considered.

Just a thought but maybe go by actual size of the model. A 1/72 scale corvette or u-boat is pretty massive where as a 1/32 scale Me 163 is not very big at all. Maybe make it so that it has to be more than two feet (60cm) in at least one dimension? :idonno

That is an interesting concept. Hadn't really thought about it. I mean I do have a 1/72 Gato which is a small scale, but the dang thing is over 4 feet long.

:smack And you suggest this AFTER I finish the Hurricane! Interesting since most of my stuff is for the blind modelers... :geek

I'm in with a 1:24 Huey, you know the kit. but I want to up grade the cockpit with something more than just the flat decal instrument panel.

I'm in with a 1:24 Huey, you know the kit. but I want to up grade the cockpit with something more than just the flat decal instrument panel.

Oh the big huge Monogram kit right. There is something like this that would add a bit to the decals http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ascpe24bez.htm

That's exactly what I had in mind (y)

Figured I could use the decal for a guide but replace them with the Airscale IP.

Not sure you could do that. You could have a large scale something or other that doesn't reach that dimension. I would say that the Campaign advisors say what's large scale.

Just trying to make a suggestion Puppy as I don't think doing a 1/32 Me 163 Komet or a 1/35 kubel fits the spirit of what this campaign is trying to achieve. Just my 2c opinion. Take it for what it is. :)

Ok what I think we are talking about is this. Any scale larger than the standard for each model type.

Military Vehicles: 1/24 and larger (common scale 1/35)
Aircraft: 1/32 and larger(common scales are 1/72 and 1/48)
Ships: 1/200 and larger (common scale 1/350)
Autos: 1/12 and larger (common scale 1/25/24)
Figures: 120mm and larger (common scale 54mm)

The idea is to get people out of their comfort zone and attemp models in a different scale.

Terry

Ok what I think we are talking about is this. Any scale larger than the standard for each model type.

Armor: 1/24 and larger (common scale 1/35)
Aircraft: 1/32 and larger(common scales are 1/72 and 1/48)
Ships: 1/200 and larger (common scale 1/350)
Autos: 1/12 and larger (common scale 1/25/24)
Figures: 120mm and larger (common scale 54mm)

The idea is to get people out of their comfort zone and attemp models in a different scale.

Terry

Exactly Terry. I know that I've never built anything in 1/32 scale and have some in the stash. So this would help push me along.

I'll suggest autos of 1/20 scale and larger, as there are a lot of great kits out there in this unusual scale. B)

Just trying to make a suggestion Puppy as I don't think doing a 1/32 Me 163 Komet or a 1/35 kubel fits the spirit of what this campaign is trying to achieve. Just my 2c opinion. Take it for what it is. :)

You're right. :coolio

didn't mean for my comment to sound like I was throwing law down or nuffin'. :mpup

And does this fit?

h3f0c2fe.JPG

it's 1/24 if it counts as armour it's ok, but it's still a car so then it's to small, and the figure is to small to :facepalm i would need to find he's Messerschmidt in 1/24 then :bang head
anyone know wich type of Messerschnitzel he flew?

And does this fit?

h3f0c2fe.JPG

it's 1/24 if it counts as armour it's ok, but it's still a car so then it's to small, and the figure is to small to :facepalm i would need to find he's Messerschmidt in 1/24 then :bang head
anyone know wich type of Messerschnitzel he flew?

Ok I'll change to read "Military Vehicles" then.

:blink

Back