• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WW2 Tank Destroyers/ Open Top AFV's

Matt Stephenson

Hi all,

I thought that given that all sides used open topped AFV's/tank detroyers during WW2, this might make a good subject for a future group build. There are enough readily available kits on the market, so available options shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Any thoughts & suggestions?

Matt.

I would like this topic. It might help me get out of my "builders block" and get me back to being productive again.

David

Did I hear someone was bringing out a Priest :hmmm ....... I Like it (y)

You like Laura ? ....... I am thinking Wespe maybe :idonno

Ken Abrams wrote:
Hmmmm...

I wonder if I have any open top AFV's in my stash?

:blink

:laugh: , Should make Ken do an Axis one :pp

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
:laugh: , Should make Ken do an Axis one :pp

I have about eight DML 250's/251's in the pile as well as at last count three AFV Club 251's because I love half tracks.

Don't be shocked if it turns up captured with big white stars on it though. ;)

Cheyenne wrote:
.......... imagine that ...........

Certainly can brother!

:D

trax_20100616_1778731361.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

Oh , I wasn't laughing about the validity of their allied use or existence , ........ I was laughing because I knew you'd do exactly that :laugh:

Now Ken and Glenn (geez even their names rhyme) if you two keep being cheeky I will send you both to the naughty halftrack :pp .

I thought you may have dug up a photomagraph of a Bulge captured US Halftrack at least :D .

Oh sure , ......... you can please some of the people half of the time but a bird in the hand cries over spilt milk with a penny for its thoughts ................ what ...........

I've got some bulge captured halftrack stuff somewhere ............

1hlftg_20100617_1301786743.jpg

1a1_hlftrk_20100617_1059435171.jpg

1_beauthlftrk_20100617_1146519269.jpg

1gerhlftrk_20100617_1502310317.jpg

Cheyenne wrote:
Oh , I wasn't laughing about the validity of their allied use or existence , ........ I was laughing because I knew you'd do exactly that

Ooooohhhhh...

I gotcha' mang.

:D

Nice captured pics BTW, somewhere I have a handful saved, there's an M3 halftrack with two wurfrahmen-eminemingtanshutzen frames on the side, I think there's two different pictures of it, it's pretty well known so I'm sure you've seen it a billion times.

ok maybe not a billion.

But yeah, I may have a go at building one some day.

Brad , that's a silly question that doesn't even deserve an answer , ...........

Next you'll be telling us that while in Russia the Germans used bears as sign posts .............

east-626_20100617_1217588549.jpg

Have yourself a beer , ........ get back into the real world and if we do a landing craft campaign type of thing you can build something sane and rational that no one would dare question like this ................

tank_landingcraft_20100617_1873979978.jpg

More stuff ............

1a1ahlftrk_20100617_1149025897.jpg

1a11hlft_20100617_2053108955.jpg

1hlftrfd_20100617_1089336978.jpg

Hello all,

Its good to see that my suggested group build is getting some discussion. When I posted the original suggestion, there was no bias intended for either allied or axis open top AFV's or tank destroyers. Personally, I like the idea of modelling captured equipment used against their former owners.

If the group build did go ahead, Im not sure that everyone would want to build a german vehicle, as there are plenty of allied examples to model, like the Priest, M10/Achilles, M36, Bishop, Sexton and Hellcat etc.

Laura, I'm not sure what you're unsure about....? Perhaps if this group build did go ahead, you might want to set some firm ground rules to ease your concerns?

Anyway, it was just an idea for something a little different. Its good to see that its getting some interest.

Matt.

Hello all,

Its good to see that my suggested group build is getting some discussion. When I posted the original suggestion, there was no bias intended for either allied or axis open top AFV's or tank destroyers. Personally, I like the idea of modelling captured equipment used against their former owners.

If the group build did go ahead, Im not sure that everyone would want to build a german vehicle, as there are plenty of allied examples to model, like the Priest, M10/Achilles, M36, Bishop, Sexton and Hellcat etc.

Laura, I'm not sure what you're unsure about....? Perhaps if this group build did go ahead, you might want to set some firm ground rules to ease your concerns?

Anyway, it was just an idea for something a little different. Its good to see that its getting some interest.

Matt.

Back