• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What about a VJ or VE Day campaign??

Jeeves

I know we had a Battle of Berlin one not long ago...but maybe something to do with the end of the war...maybe even doing up specific end of conflict schemes?? This could include vehicles or aircraft (unthinkable!) and even as they appeared when captured...

VJ could have B-29s, late-war Japanese aircraft, etc...late war armor or guns or ships, etc...

Just picked up the Hasegawa Ki-61 and was thinking about how they were used in the defense of mainland Japan at the end...

I like this. Would you resrict the time period to 1945?

Terry :hmmm

I think we need to stay within the confines of WW II to call it "VJ or VE DAY Campaign" If we go post that eliminates the Axis Powers as they produced nothing after the surrender. Watcha think? :idonno

Terry B)

What about "In Victory and Defeat" or something like that...could involve the days leading to the end and beyond...

How about the week prior and either Victory day. So someone could build an allied or axis model from Europe while someone else could do one from the Pacific.
James

That might be a little too restrictive...I was thinking about how the Allies came across all the captured airfields and factories and you'd see all these roughly made unpainted jobbies...like the NMF Me-262's or 162's...but I've also seen some interesting aircraft and tank schemes that were present at and after War's end...I don't have specific pics...but one could model captured Axis vehicles (not necessarily those repainted in Allied markings)...or victorious Allied vehicles...might include all the weird Axis stuff that was only drawing board stuff that never seems to fit into the more common GB's...

There was a color movie series showing Germany and Japan immediately after the war during reparations that was interesting...even Berlin Airlift aircraft could fit...my initial post speaking of VE or VJ day might make it too narrowly focused??

There was a color movie series showing Germany and Japan immediately after the war during reparations that was interesting...even Berlin Airlift aircraft could fit...my initial post speaking of VE or VJ day might make it too narrowly focused??

Thats getting really broad though.
Berlin Airlift 24 June 1948 – 12 May 1949

Didn't they paint a couple of Betty bombers in white with a red cross on them?

Let's see how much interest we can generate.

Hmmm...never knew the Airlift was that long after the war. Wish I knew the name of that series so I could check it out again...maybe as more folks chime in, I'll get a bit more knowledge on the subject...let me see what I can look up...

Didn't they paint a couple of Betty bombers in white with a red cross on them?

Let's see how much interest we can generate.

Two Betty's were painted overall white with green crosses in the Hinomaru positions to transport Japanese staff to meetings to workout details on the formal surrender ceremony.
After the surrender several different aircraft and interpretations of the scheme were used on flyable Japanese aircraft being moved to Allied bases.

Cheers,
Richard

If it were to start with VE Day (8/9 May) and VJ Day (14/15 Aug) thru say the end of 1945, it would allow war prizes, "Green Cross" Flights in the Pacific, abandoned/unfinshed aircraft, vehicles and ships and Allied equipment and troops transitioning to spit and polish peacetime forces.

Cheers,
Richard

Yeah I like where Richard is going...and Mike...would all those paper Panzer type kits work too since the Allies discovered all that stuff in their occupation...I would say yes!

Back