• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

VINTAGE WINGS CAMPAIGN "6 ARE IN"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
cb1's thread showing his old Revell/Monogram builds got me to thinking. How about campaign where only old aircraft kits are used. Anything 1980's or older. You can do whatever to it, add after market, upgrade, scratch build, or build right out of the box, but the base kit must be 80's or older. Whatcha think? Who's in?

Terry :v

Re: VINTAGE WINGS CAMPAIGN

Ooooh I have lots of those old Airfix Rivet monsters. My Monogram/Revell P61 I am going to start building soon anyway.

Ooooh I have lots of those old Airfix Rivet monsters. My Monogram/Revell P61 I am going to start building soon anyway.

Aaaa man I know what you mean. Here's my list

P-61
B-29
B-26
B-25
A-26
P-51B(1/32)
MUSTANG III(1/32)
SPITFIRE(1/32)
SEAFIRE(1/32)
HURRICANE(1/32)
P-40(1/32)X2

And this is just to start.

:gogo

I really like the idea but will keep out, too much to finish and now my time is limited. Way of the World; Plenty of time - no motivation, Limited time - motivation!

A note, I believe the Monogram A-26B/C is from 1991. To make Life simpler, why not state a kit must be 20 years or older?
:pp

Photographing the Copyright year from the kit sprues, box, or instructions will help ensure compliance.

Regards,

Great Idea!

I'd be infor my first Campaign. I love the older kits, they remind me of all the fun I had with my friends building and "fighting" with them.

Here are some of the "battle fields" that we had. These pics were takes inteh early 80s or so. great times
ee3a9114.jpg

9e108a52.jpg

0cc7ed19.jpg

9238cbec.jpg

c18b8c78.jpg

Great Idea!

I'd be infor my first Campaign. I love the older kits, they remind me of all the fun I had with my friends building and "fighting" with them.

Well that's cool! That makes four who are interested.

Terry (y)

Sounds good to me Terry. I have a few;
P-61
32 FW-190 D
32 Mossie
32 Beaufighter
48 B-26
48 P-47N repoped Revell/promodeler
my ole lady

Re: VINTAGE WINGS CAMPAIGN "5 ARE IN"

If this is soon make mine a P61 otherwise something Airfix 1/72

With all the P-61's we could do a black widow build. :laugh:

B)

hmmm 20 years huh? Let me see ... most of my stash is 20 years old :) How about an ESCI/Revell Crusader or a Glencoe Venom or a Heller G-91 or an ESCI Fi-156 or an ESCI F-21 or a 1/66 Revell X-15 still in its old 1960 something boxing - no I wont build that nor the original 1960 something Airfix Mig-21

Well I'm interested but not sure if I'll find the time this year, for a small one, means 1/72, perhaps

hmmm 20 years huh? Let me see ... most of my stash is 20 years old :) How about an ESCI/Revell Crusader or a Glencoe Venom or a Heller G-91 or an ESCI Fi-156 or an ESCI F-21 or a 1/66 Revell X-15 still in its old 1960 something boxing - no I wont build that nor the original 1960 something Airfix Mig-21

Well I'm interested but not sure if I'll find the time this year, for a small one, means 1/72, perhaps

This would be a fall or winter start date campaign. 1/72 would be just fine. I have some in that scale too.

Terry B)

This would be a fall or winter start date campaign. 1/72 would be just fine. I have some in that scale too.

Terry B)

OK then December would be fine :)

I could join in with a Matchbox F-5A (1980), or a Monogram AT-6 Texan (1979). Either would be fun.

I have a few bagged kits from the 60's Not sure if I want to really build em The frog Mustang 2 is still in all its original bags etc. How old is the old Tamiya Stuart M3 kit?

Maybe the Airfix Boomerang or Henchell bagged kits if the Stuart does not make the grade.

Bump! If this campaign is you cup of tea now is the time to get on board. Are you in or out?

Back