Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2018

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017 19 Nov 2017 19:19 #493

Good going Bob. Your work bench "six inches to work in" warms me spirits. At last I know there is somebody else out there that is, like me and my bench/”postage stamp” work area. :bgrin

As an aside I too have used some of the .005 pens and they can be a boon.
STEVE
IF, I built the perfect model today.... wonder what I'd do tomorrow?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017 19 Nov 2017 21:06 #494

White_Wolf wrote:
Thanks Ian,

You know, I'm the world's worst when it comes to interviews and speeches. I avoid them like the plague at all costs! Sometimes, I get backed into a corner. That was the case with those Squadron videos! Jef is one of my oldest friends and I couldn't get out of it!

Glad he did, would love to see more interviews, how many people have seen more of the evolution of our hobby, who did what and how and when and the rest of it?

Fantastic work on the figures Bob, this is a rare example when quantity doesn't mean less quality.

Laurence

OK Laurence,

I'll type up all the information I know, give you the photographs and you can do the interviews! OK? :yipee

Sounds like a winner to me! :good

Bob! :laugh:

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017 19 Nov 2017 21:06 #495

Bob I have 3 benches and a small table and at the moment they are "all" cluttered up and I have to scoot stuff aside for a place to work. (means it's time to put it all away and resume :bgrin )

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017 19 Nov 2017 21:09 #496

Prop Duster wrote:
Good going Bob. Your work bench "six inches to work in" warms me spirits. At last I know there is somebody else out there that is, like me and my bench/”postage stamp” work area. :bgrin

As an aside I too have used some of the .005 pens and they can be a boon.

What always amazes me is how fast it goes from clean and large to a mess and tiny!

Thanks Steve!

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017 19 Nov 2017 21:11 #497

Heavens Eagle wrote:
Bob I have 3 benches and a small table and at the moment they are "all" cluttered up and I have to scoot stuff aside for a place to work. (means it's time to put it all away and resume :bgrin )

Hey Paul,

Thank God! I was starting to think I was the only one!

:yipee

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017 21 Feb 2018 17:59 #498

I finished up the crew and the tank riders for the M4A1 76mm Sherman, "Aces High". The tank commander will be standing on the turret looking forward trying to determine what is holding up the column. I am experimenting with some felt tip pens I ran across at the art store. They are extremely fine points and are loaded with all colors of indelible ink which, so far, seems to print right over enamel, acrylics and even artist's oils. I need more experience using these, but, I think I can achieve the same quality in hal;f the time as with very fine brushes, such as 000 to 00000.

Here are the ones I have so far.

And here is one of the .005 points compared to a 00000 Winsor-Newton brush.

Too soon to know how much faster this will increase my figure painting, but the tiny demarkations in the faces, hans and uniforms/equipment are a lot easier and steadier with the pens than a brush. I use black, brown, (Similar to raw umber, sepia, (Similar to burnt sienna, red, blue and in three sizes of tips, .01, .05 and .005 (The finest).

The commander.

and the crew.

Then, all together.

Then the tank riders.

Then all together.

From the back;

Then I finished up this motorcycle rider. See Logistics, trucks and jeeps for him on the Harley.

Hope you liked these. Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Last Edit: 21 Feb 2018 18:03 by bob letterman.

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017 21 Feb 2018 19:17 #499

Wow, I'd say those pens work perfectly! I'm gonna have to see if I can pick some up myself. Brilliant work!

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017 21 Feb 2018 19:34 #500

Dave the Chef used these pens a while back on a figure but I think he reported later that the ink faded rather quickly. Keep an eye on this. They look good! :popcorn
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017 21 Feb 2018 19:41 #501

Looks good to me. I sometimes use these pens for writing on the figures. They do run if they get wet after using, ie: spray dullcoat. :cheer:
Cheers
John

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017 21 Feb 2018 20:21 #502

Duke Maddog wrote:
Wow, I'd say those pens work perfectly! I'm gonna have to see if I can pick some up myself. Brilliant work!

Thanks Duke!

Well, I won't recommend them yet. I need to work with them more.

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017 21 Feb 2018 20:24 #503

moon puppy wrote:
Dave the Chef used these pens a while back on a figure but I think he reported later that the ink faded rather quickly. Keep an eye on this. They look good! :popcorn

My first thought when I bought them. I always give my figures a coat of dead flat clear varnish after they are thoroughly dry. That usually stops all running, bleeding and fading! However, we'll see about these. Too new to rate!

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017 21 Feb 2018 20:25 #504

johnbowery wrote:
Looks good to me. I sometimes use these pens for writing on the figures. They do run if they get wet after using, ie: spray dullcoat. :cheer:
Cheers
John

Thanks John!

I use clear flat varnish, (basically the same thing). You've had no problem after using the dull coat?

Bob

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds