• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

What to build next ?

phantom II

Master at Arms
At this point ,I was pondering what to build next.

I had this aircraft in mind .

Authentic7263C_b~0.jpg

The Handley Page Hampden in a land lease scheme .

but the these decals fell on me and I'm debating .

__57~1.JPG

01.jpg

ju188a4.jpg

Sort of leaning towards the last picture right now .

Cheers, Christian B)

Now that we totally hijacked Chris' thread...

Chris what's that first aircraft?[/quote]

Sorry Dave, I have no Wildcat, Hellcat or tank in the closet . The best I could do is post a picture of past builds.

Bob, The one with the Russian markings is an HP Hampden.

The second one in German markings is a JU 188 Racher. ( Revenge ).

Cheers, Christian B)

I like the looks of the Hampden.

I've never seen one of those built and thought the only one was the Fonderie Miniatures in 1/48. Also didn't know that they were part of the lend lease program!

The Hampden was the last of the twin-engined medium bombers to go into service during the expansion of Bomber Command in the late 1930s and, together with the Wellington and Whitley, it bore the brunt of the Royal Air Force's attacks against Germany in the early years of the Second World War.

Handley_Page_Hampden_in_the_air-600x435.jpg

Hampdens notched up a number of 'firsts' for Bomber Command: the first mine-laying operations; together with Whitleys dropped the first bombs of World War II on the German mainland; took part in the first attack on Berlin; and added their numbers to the first 1,000-bomber raid on Cologne. By mid-September 1942 they were withdrawn from Bomber Command operations as new and more effective aircraft became available

Cheers, Christian B)

Hampton sounds good to me. Not familiar with the aircraft and it definitely looks interesting with the red stars. (y)

That last photo with the black lines would really stand out. :geek

That follows my train of thought Mike but we are the only two so far.

I am very surprised the Hampden has been nearly unanimous . :blink

A fairly obscure subject going by the nickname of the flying suitcase . Who would have thought :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Back