• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vampire

ij001

For the RNZAF 60th Anniversary GB over at Kiwi Modeller:

h74a171f.JPG

h8687944.jpg

h79f9243.jpg

Only been on the bench for a couple of hours and the construction is half-done !!. I've got a busy weekend so progress pics will need to wait until Monday. Feel free to make any comments or ask any questions.

Ian.

Beautiful...great ! ...is it of the new Airfix generation ?

Regards!

Luiz

It is Luiz, remember how I went-on about how fantastic the Defiant kit was a couple of months ago... well this (tiny) thing is just as good !!.

Ian.

Progress:

h79403f6.JPG

hd86df9e.JPG

Pit is very nicely detailed - sprayed an 'off-black' that I usually use for tyres etc.

hd6c0428.JPG

h17dae85.JPG

Unusual assembly sequence, but then the Vampire is an unusual shape !! - lots of weight in the nose held in-place with Blu-Tack. No fit issues whatsoever so far. Enjoying this as much as the Defiant from a couple of months back... already decided to buy & build another as the decal sheet (which is still on its' way), has about eight options !!

More tomorrow.

Ian.

Love the vampire. I remember in my Air cadet days there was a vamp at the airshow. Had a cold start and the pilot got a couple of us to help put her on her tail so the fuel would run out. After a few minutes put her back on her nose but she still gave a nice blow torch wet start when he fired up. Was quite a thrill.
Watching with interest. :popcorn
James

Construction finished (except the gear & doors). It'll be staying like this for a couple of weeks until I order some Eduard masks from Hannants in December.

h3fc63e5.JPG

hb436cb6.JPG

h230ccc8.JPG

Yep some filling was needed, but I think that says more about my lack of finesse in the construction than as a criticism of the kit.

What a wee beauty, already decided to get another !!

AFN

Ian.

Looking good Ian!

Have to admit, I never knew the Vampire was a "side by side" aircraft. I always thought it was a single seater!

:popcorn

Initially it was, however the T.11 outlived the single seaters in service by around 25yrs !!

Ian.

I am just surprised by how small these planes are everytime I see them at the museam Great job so far Ian :popcorn

So at last the decals and canopy masks have arrived from the old country so I can get on with this wee project.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Base coat on (Tamiya acrylic NATO black).

hf1c2d6b.jpg

h2ab0c1d.jpg

Will leave this for a day or so then rub-it-back with 4000 & 6000 Micro Mesh cloths, then spray a couple of coats of 'aluminium' - stay tuned, won't be too long until the next update.

Ian.

Back