• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger Panzer VI by Bandai in 1/48th scale

centaur567

100_6570.JPG

This is a very old kit. I plan to update it a little by replacing the cupola. I molded one in resin from a Panther kit years ago. This will be my second Bandai Tiger build. The first one was done in the desert colors. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6924.JPG
100_6925.JPG
100_6926.JPG
100_6927.JPG

Luckily, we have not been infected, as far as we know, with the Covid plague yet. But we have had a recent loss of a companion of 18 1/2 years. Our cat Pratt was put down July 17th. He and his sister were great friends to my wife and me. This is one reason why I have been off line for a while. Plus when we go visit our kids, where we stay doesn't have internet. I've done some modeling that helps take my mind off for a while. The F-106 and Zero need a coat of a satin sprayed on them. I try to do the spraying at one or two time all together. So I decided to start the Tiger and get the interior painted at the same time. I added some detail in the way of the hull roof support between the turret and driver area. Also the small braces for the front plate. Then I made walls for the engine compartment and extra ammo bins. Assembled the gun, turret floor and engine. I plant to make this a mid production version and replacing the cupola and moving the ventilation fan on the turret roof. From my research, the interior was probably painted ivory upper hull/turret and red primer lower hull and engine compartment. Some of the components will be the green/gray like the transmission.
Thanks for looking, Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Great start on the Bandi Tiger. :good: Sorry to hear about your companion though. 😞

100_6939.JPG
100_6940.JPG
100_6941.JPG

If love could have kept him alive, he would have lived forever. Thanks.

Got the interior painted and some parts glued on. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Just caught up with this one Gary. Sorry to hear about ol' Pratt. Loosing a pet is indeed a hard thing to go through and it never seems to get easier.

On the modeling note, this is turning out very well. I built the Bandai BMW R75 motorcycle in 1/48 scale around 7 years ago. While it wasn't my best build, it wasn't all that bad either. Looking forward to more on this one.

100_7038.JPG
100_7036.JPG
100_7034.JPG

Thanks. Though I would get away from the build and post an update. Started painting the crew. The pics in the book shows the pea camo in going to use. The ammo bins look filled and a few more details added. Made a loaders periscope cover on the turret out of metal from a can and also a periscope inside the turret. A long time ago I made a mold of a Panther cupola and cast it in resin for this project and I finally used it. I did have to lower it some. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV
100_7033.JPG

100_7041.JPG
100_7044.JPG
100_7045.JPG

The crew is painted and the driver and radio operator are seated. The other ones are placed in their probable positions. I might make a bucket for the walking dude. Thanks, Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Last edited:
100_7061.JPG
100_7062.JPG
100_7063.JPG

The engine cover was glued on with repositioning of the stop piece and the crew hatches were installed. Scratch built the cupola gun ring from sheet lead and small strips of plastic sheet. Some work was required on the molding of the hatch cover to fill air bubbles and reshaping. A center headlight mount was made with the wiring. Almost ready for the red primmer. Thanks for looking. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_7064.JPG

Thanks!! Me too!!. Last night I painted the red primer. When it dries, it will get a coat of future before the water based craft paint panzer yellow and zimmerit to stick and also will enable some chipping. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_7065.JPG
100_7066.JPG

Painted all the horizontal surfaces with my custom mix craft paint. Then applied zimmerett to the sides. Later it will be sanded down a little. The zimmeritt covered up the molded on cables on the lt. side. Only thing to do was to make more cable. I did this by using picture hanging wire and strips of masking tape. The tape was then super glued and allowed to harden. The cable needs to be darkened next and then installed. Thanks, Gary S> XLV MMXXIV

Back