• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes Another Aircraft

Duke Maddog

After fighting this model for more than a year; I have come to the finish line. I present to all of you a very rare model of the Ancient Aurora Jet Commando in 1/72 scale. With this model I have completed the last of the Aurora 1/72 scale civilian aircraft offerings and now have a full set of civilian aircraft in 1/72 scale.

I had to scrounge around and cobble together a fictitious marking scheme in order to finish this as the kit decals were beyond useless. After several days of finishing this up, here is the Aurora Jet Commando in 1/72 scale built strictly OOB:

Civilian_Jet_Commando_I.jpg

Civilian_Jet_Commando_II.jpg

That's all I have for now. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Very cool of you to stick with this project for so long . (y)

Interesting aircraft . Don't recall ever seeing one before on or off the field.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Christian, I'm not all that knowledgeable about this plane either. I'm guessing they were around for a while until Lear came along.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Christian, I'm not all that knowledgeable about this plane either. I'm guessing they were around for a while until Lear came along.

Upon first seeing it, I thought of the Cessna Citation but it has a low wing .

It does remind me also of another design but it had twin props . The Twin Commander . No idea who manufactured it

Very nice work, that's an aircraft I have never seen before.

And I understand the problem you had with the decals and the markings you chose really look the part.

Matrixone

Thanks for the awesome comments guys! They really mean a lot to me. I am so relieved to be finished with this and I am quite pleased with how the markings turned out. They are definitely growing on me.

Thanks again for the great compliments!

Back