• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Completes a Helicopter.

Duke Maddog

This is the ancient Hasegawa kit that I built as a kid so this is a bit of a Nostalgia build for me. I didn't try to correct anything, but I did use this to practice my basics and painting skillsets while enjoying the trip down Memory Lane. It isn't meant to be an award winning model; or even one I take to contests. I couldn't even get the one sliding door to work on the one side that I had one. Still, this was a fun and diverting little model to work on; after all I only paid five bucks at a local swap meet!

Here she is all completed as much as I possible. A couple pieces went missing, namely one sliding door and one of the twin 'machine guns' that are supposed to mount on the ends of the weapons pylons:

US_Army_UH_1D_Huey_Gunship_I.jpg

US_Army_UH_1D_Huey_Gunship_II.jpg

Maybe if I can find four M-60-type machine guns to add to a pylon mount, I can complete this model. Until then, I'm calling this one done.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! I guess it does look good considering what I started with. MP, I think I will; that one door just doesn't look right.

Thanks again for looking in guys!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot considering what I started with.

Hawk, I'd say I have an interest in working on a few more of these helicopters that are currently in my stash. That being said; I am still trying to clear the workbench of previous builds.

Thanks Tim, but I stick with 1/72 scale on all my planes and helicopters. It's tough enough finding the room for these as it is; I certainly have no room for a 1/32 scale one. Besides, a 1/32 scale one doesn't fit into my consistent collection.

Once I did go big:

1/72 scale Mi-26 Halo:

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_III.JPG

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_IV.JPG

I even did the interior, not that there was much to do....

Russian_Mi_26_Halo_II.JPG

That thing is at least as long as a 1/35th scale Mi-24 Hind, and longer than most 1/32 scale helicopters at about 28 inches long. So, yeah, I did go big.... once. :eek:hyeah :D

Nice work on the helicopter, nostalgia builds are a lot of fun but I would not care for a steady diet of them. :D

Matrixone

Thanks guys for the great comments! I really appreciate them.

Yes it is Helios! So every now and then I do Go Big; while still staying in my own chosen scale. I love doing that!

Thanks Matrix; yeah, I do an occasional nostalgia build once in a while, mostly when I feel the need to 'get back to my roots' and fire up the mojo a bit more. I do try to maintain a steady diet of modern and well-molded kits to keep my sanity!

Sweet! Thanks Frank! One does have to love a good hog.

Thanks for posting here; I'd forgotten which helicopter this was! LOL! :blink :blush: :D

Which boxing (kit number)did you use for the build. The plastic in the newer release is a softer plastic.
Frank

I have four of the Hasegawa UH-1D Huey JS-052-130 kits.
I think I got these when they were first issued, my mind is not what is use to be.
At one time I was going to do each of the Hueys in our unit.
I got one D-model Huey done, then we started getting H-model Hueys.
I transfered to the OH-58A's around that time, and never finish the quest.
Frank

Back