• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya JS-2 All Done

When I turned off the football this weekend and got off the couch,I managed to get some work done.
Finished the lower hull and suspension,roadwheels and some work on the upper hull.i tend to jump around,probably will be assembling some tracks next.

Another interesting piece of armor from mother Russia! Watching with interest!

Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

ohh you've already started - looking good. well it's time then to start searching for my 262 ... damn, really? is it really December already? Damn ...

Resin pins sound like a pretty delicate track assembly, unless something else adds some strength.

Resin pins sound like a pretty delicate track assembly, unless something else adds some strength.
So far they are holding up to being manipulated,we'll see after painting and weathering,still got plenty of Fruil wire on hand.

I know some guys have been using sewing pins (cut down) as replacements for the resin pins. Been hearing good things about them though. Nice to have a quality alternative to Fruils.

I know some guys have been using sewing pins (cut down) as replacements for the resin pins.
MasterClub tries to make their tracks as accurate as possible. Look closely at the resin pins and note their shape. If their shapes are like these photos, you'll be downgrading by using push pins.
1639059211967.png

1639060413412.png

You can clip small lengths of wire and insert, then use cut down resin pins to push it to the center while retaining the detailed resin ends of the "track pin".

Regards,

I actually have this kit and will be looking for some tracks so watching to see how yours work out
So far so good,I needed my optivisor and some good tweezers,but I got a side and 3/4 done,they are molded well and didn't need any drilling, just a little flash on a few.They give you plenty of pins to make up for the ones you break, but the more you do,you get the feel and it goes smoother.

Back