• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/32 BMW and Pak 40

kryptosdaddy

Hey- I'm dating this here now because the BMW may go into the Blitzkrieg group. It's such a tiny kit though- the Pac 40 will be built at the same time to stretch it out. The bike comes with 4 figures, the gun has three. The gun's figures are made of a light od green styrene- the plastic seems harder than the other T figures I have and the molding is not that great...

I'll at least do the bikes crew.

Nazi_fun.JPG

Better view of the clock...lol

Nazi_fun_28129.JPG

NO rush to this, though the pic shows everything wet from its windex bath. Be good CR

Gun is sprayed Tamiya German Grey- had to make handles with wire because the others were just to small.

pak_40_primed_G_grey.JPG

had to cut some stuff to get the main shield to fit right, but when it fits - it fits great.

Worth 6.75.lol

Complete except for the tire rings,

pak_40_gun_metal.JPG

Legs fold, gun rotates and elevates- the breach opens. Mines closed as the kit feels fragile at the rear of the gun. Accidentally glued the wheels down -so they don't roll. lol newbie!

pak_40_gun_metal_28229.JPG

pak_40_gun_metal_28329.JPG

Tamiya German grey then near 5 coats of the gun metal- thats MM Gun metal buffing metalizer. I might leave it like this!

Still working on the figures and touching this up-

bmw_R75.JPG

Camera is picking up details I can't see...

bmw_R75_28229.JPG

Go ahead and pick this one apart! This is one tiny kit.

Pick it apart? :rotf OK consider it picked!! Looks fantabulous to me!!! Muddy that sucka up a litttle. And yolu'll be good to go!!!!

I missed this some how this morning Chip, what I can see looks good. Can you get a better picture?

Take the picture at the highest resolution you can go. don't try to get in so close and when you transfer it from your camera to the computer, you can use whatever imaging software you're using to crop it in tighter.

I'm using Windows pic editor for all my stuff- kinda basic, but its easy to use. I dropped the contrast ect and used less light- lets try it out....

bmw_test.JPG

bmw_test_28329.JPG

bmw_test_28229.JPG

I think I may be getting the hang of it?

Windows pic editor is good enough but the problem you're having is the focus point. I can read the labels of the stuff in the background. Try getting a neutral background where there's nothing else for the camera to try and focus on. A sheet of poster paper, a sheet, something without any design on it.

I use Irfanview for basic image editing, cropping, that sort of stuff. http://www.irfanview.net/ It's free and it's cool!

Nice stuff Little Brother , ......... oh by the way that's your new Delta Phi whatever Modelers Alliance nickname .

Keep at it Little Brother you're doin a fine job , thank God my eyes are bad cause the pics are in focus to me :laugh:

Back