• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

some submarines

Kreighshoer

let's see how far i will come! ;)

dateshot1.jpg

dateshot1~0.jpg

dateshot2.jpg

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :S

tiny, tiny parts! this is [strike]madness[/strike] ... spartaaaaaaaaaaaa!

left propeller shaft broke, was replaced with stretched sprue - attack periscope was missing, replaced with stretched sprue and brass wire - frontal wire cutter supports broke into, were replaced with brass wire

one down and ready for painting, second one to start!

Klaus Doldinger - Das Boot Main Theme

assemblydoneright.jpg

assemblydoneleft.jpg

assemblydonerightbow.jpg

assemblydonerightstern.jpg

a size comparison to I-58 ... sheesh was that a huge sub!

sizecomparison.jpg

g060.gif

Very very nice. Looking forward to the second and cant believe your done the first already. Awesome (y) (y)
James

Wow, that was quick on the little one. Nice save on the broken stuff. Those are definitively some raised panel lines!

Those are definitively some raised panel lines!

Those welds are indeed overdone for the scale but the kit is nice (I am building the sister ship U-295 with the Biber mini-subs).

Laura, nice saves and I know the feeling! Are you cross-eyed yet?

cross-eyed-1.jpg

I am!

Regards,

i am saúl, i am ... i'm halfway through the I-58 in the meantime and although the parts are almost double the size they still are tiny!

one of the bridge rangefinders/telescopes entered low orbit when cutting from the sprue and although i saw where it landed and could hear it, it's gone! futsch! gna!

whatever ... i won't be able to finish the I-58 before thursday or friday since i won't have time tomorrow or wednesday!

i am saúl, i am ... i'm halfway through the I-58 in the meantime and although the parts are almost double the size they still are tiny!

one of the bridge rangefinders/telescopes entered low orbit when cutting from the sprue and although i saw where it landed and could hear it, it's gone! futsch! gna!

whatever ... i won't be able to finish the I-58 before thursday or friday since i won't have time tomorrow or wednesday!

I think I've found the answer to that problem Laura. Take a spare sprue from whatever and glue a couple of pieces together. Then "accidentally" lose a small piece in the general direction you want to search. Mutter loudly about it and then start searching for the new piece. The carpet monsters will drop the piece you really want right in front of you while grabbing for the decoy. :gogo :D

James

I think I've found the answer to that problem Laura. Take a spare sprue from whatever and glue a couple of pieces together. Then "accidentally" lose a small piece in the general direction you want to search. Mutter loudly about it and then start searching for the new piece. The carpet monsters will drop the piece you really want right in front of you while grabbing for the decoy. :gogo :D

James

Go ahead and laugh James,

It actually worked once (once being the operative word).

Regards,

James

Go ahead and laugh James,

It actually worked once (once being the operative word).

Regards,

Not laughing Saul. Found a piece to my Roland that has been missing for over a month. I think I might be onto something.
James

how unfunny pe railings are to work with! :S

i have to admit that i was done with the RHS railing by friday morning but couldn't get myself motivated to do the LHS railing until this morning! :blush:

they look crappy but what the heck ... both subs are primed and drying in the meantime!

Dead Can Dance - Saltarello

assemblydonei58left.jpg

assemblydonei58right.jpg

bowleft.jpg

sternleft.jpg

bothsubs.jpg

g060.gif

Well Laura that's about the best looking "crap" :pp I have ever seen. :laugh:

Great job!

Terry ;)

Back