• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rudi's MPR-WD entry

Okay... I'll be honest... I don't have a clear plan, or even a foggy one for that matter, of what the final scene is going to be. Whodathunk thinking of a scene featuring a well would be so difficult? :idonno

All I've got thus far is that I want to include a German staff car. It's pretty obvious from my kit selection that I'm into S&M and a bit of self-flagellation: I've selected Italeri's Horch Kfz 15 as the vehicle. Here's a thought, Rudi, why not make the build "better" by including a bit of AM stuff? Sure. Let's go for the Royal Models set. Righto, so who's got the gimp suit? :blink

Here's the "launch"/timestamp/whatever photo of the Horch, taken on Monday 25th April (2011 if you missed that).
IMG_1289.JPG

No WIP photos yet, although I spent about an hour last night looking for parts on the un-numbered fret (a silhouette of the frets with numbers is printed on the instructions), eventually managing to do no more than install 3 foot pedals and 3 hand levers. Clearly we're in for a fun time. Who's got the cat-o-nine-tails? :evil:

Get to work Rudi!! I was asking someone the other day where you were. Looking forward to this!

Glad to see ya Rudi!!! It will turn out well I'm sure.

Terry B)

Thanks for your comments, gents :) Of course, as per usual, no sooner do I start a kit than something at work crops up... I'll probably only get back at this Friday night :unsure: :idonno

Bob Jnr, don't worry, I visit a few times a day, I'm just not logged in ;)

That's what we leave our forums open to share with the world. looking forward to your updates Rudi.

Update 4 May 2011

Not much of an update really, but to show I'm still fiddling... had a few minutes on Tuesday night while watching NCIS to dry fit some of the parts. The figure, Royal Models' Kubelwagen driver, may or may not be retained. I should have guessed that when RM say Kubelwagen driver, what they really mean is VW Kubelwagen driver. The figure will need modification to fit the awkward set up of the Kfz 15. Am I up for it? Of should I just put it into the VeeDub I have waiting in the wings? We'll see later... depends how we go... ;)
IMG_1294.JPG

Hopefully more soon

R~

Re: Update 4 May 2011

So that's how everyone makes a figure work in a build. Start dry fitting before you get too far. Nice, can't help but learn something here. :mpup

So that's how everyone makes a figure work in a build. Start dry fitting before you get too far. Nice, can't help but learn something here. :mpup

Yup, best way to do it, MP. Not all that different to fitting a pilot into a cockpit, you've got to check that he's going to fit ;)

BTW, how do I change the thread title as I post updates? I'd like to be able to add the update date each time I post anew...

Totally agree with Rudi re dry fitting ,..that way you can tweak to get the fit right

I think you can only change the title of the post that youre posting up and not the overall thread context

I think I tried this before.

Rudi excellent progress :)

Cheers Andy... LOL! Some progress, it's all bluetak :laugh: Struggling to find the time at the moment, had hoped to do some more tonight but I'm man-down with a nasty cold, and I need to start training for a fencing comp in June... :S

Back