• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden Opel 3.6-47 DAK Omnibus Kubel Paint 3/5/22

OOoooohh! Eastern Front! Mount the PaK-36 37mm gun from the Sdkfz 251 on top!
:coolio

No snowplows for this bus, maybe on the next one. :laugh: Thanks for the interest and responses, hoping to get some color down Sunday. B)

Must have missed the last update Mike. It is really coming along nice!

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Thanks guys! During the Great Cordless Mouse Pandemic of '20, I actually got some paint on the magic bus, just hadn't been able to post evidence.

Base coat RAL 8020 from Model Air, then panels lightened with a few drops of white.

I let it dry a few days and painted the DAK palm trees with Tamiya Nato Black. We're ready for weathering and stowage!
IMG_1471.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG

I love me a Panther. The M-41 Walker Bulldog is my all-time favorite tank. The Panzer III is another close favorite.
This Autobus, is so far removed from the norm of what Armor Model guys usually do, I'm just completely impressed!
Keep it comin' Young Mr. Tiki! :drunks::Drinks::drool:

Having built seven buses in 1/72 scale; I can attest this is one magnificent model! Far better than any of mine! Beautiful work man! Keep it coming!

Bench time has been in short supply lately, trying to get the yard in shape before it's too hot to be outside. Yes, the palm trees are painted on, using a stencil and Tamiya NATO black thinned with Gunze self leveling thinner. I'll take some photos and post an update later this afternoon.

Thanks for looking in. 🐱

Back