• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden Opel 3.6-47 DAK Omnibus Kubel Paint 3/5/22

Thanks guys! I got more done yesterday, but ran out of weekend to post. More to come. :Drinks:

Thanks Terry and Ian! As promised, more progress photos.

I added some dirty effects to the chassis prior to assembly. Nature Effects from AMMO is cool stuff, brush it on, let it dry and then use a stiff brush to remove what you don't want. Leaves a realistic accumulation in the corners and crevices.

IMG_2571 (2).JPG

IMG_2572 (2).JPG

I outfoxed myself. I had intended to add a set of DEF Models balloon tires, but I installed the kit wheel backs before the DEF kit arrived. The wheel backs are molded into the tires! :doh: So, I'll save them for another build.
The body assembled easily, the last few small bits were added after everything was squared up and dry.
IMG_2573 (2).JPG

IMG_2574 (2).JPG

IMG_2575 (2).JPG

A little body damage. On to the paint shop, a little Tamiya German Gray.
IMG_2576 (2).JPG

IMG_2577 (2).JPG

I added a wood plank riser to make the tool box installation easier.
IMG_2578 (2).JPG

I'll touch up the exhausts after all the painting is done. Much more to come, thanks for coming by! :Drinks:

Back