• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell: Westland Lynx Mk8 1/32 "FINISHED"

This is the best picture i have found of the radio dept on the left

Lynx avionics bay.jpg

Interesting that its grey inside

this one is white

IMG_1660.jpg

The kit parts are ok and fortunately the door for the radio dept is a separate part which saves a bit of cutting

DSC_1613.JPG

so i have started building the shelf etc to hold the radio's

DSC_1618.JPG

Paddy I can remember seeing 3 or 4 different shades of Zinc Chromatic inside the B-52. Granted it's like 150 years old... (I'm kidding).
Who knows, i'm sure they had a reason for switching from one to the other. Go with the one you like.

bit of artistic licence on the Radio sets design but TBH i haven't found two sets the same in various pictures so far.

DSC_1632.JPG

Not finished yet but i can see what i am aiming at now. I need to buy a can of coke tomorrow as i want the can to make the access panel as the plastic one is when scaled up about 40mm thick, fine for a Sherman but not on a helli :)

The Lynx has a large mesh filter over the engine intake on either side. Saves small birds and enemy parachutists from getting sucked in.

8462502967_632b36e014_c.jpg

Revells answer to this is to supply a clear plastick panel.....which lets face it, is not an answer at all

DSC_1645.JPG

The PE set from Eduard does supply mesh sections, 4 per side that are supposed to be glued to the clear plastic part

DSC_1643.JPG

which i started to do with quite a bit of difficulty however half way through the first side i thought....how am i going to paint this ?
the paint is just going to get on the clear and in effect block the mesh.

I have some photo etch mesh from a car build i did ages ago and i have tried to use the clear plastic as a mould and shape the mesh and add the frame using plastic card strips.

DSC_1638.JPG

DSC_1646_01.JPG

I am not sure TBH, thoughts anyone before i go too far ?

Interesting challenge. The clear part doesn't look to fit too well anyway. I like what you got going on with the mesh. :vgood:

Interesting challenge. The clear part doesn't look to fit too well anyway. I like what you got going on with the mesh. :vgood:
I agree Paddy, from the picture you posted though, it looks a little too long on the top (unless the top part wraps around to the upper side of the chopper). Certainly much better than the clear plastic part!

That radio set is insane!

I think this will do, i will dry brush them a light grey i think to tone them down

DSC_1648.JPG
DSC_1649.JPG

Once all the other bits are on and the rotor head i will tone it all down and it will blend in. Not tried anything like this before and as always with these things you think, i could do better next time but i dont think i could face starting again , its taken most of today :)
DSC_1651.JPG

they give you a PE gun barrel that is a flat sheet of brass with holes in it.
I have absolutely no idea how to roll a perforated brass sheet in to a tube 1.5mm dia without it just folding into a hex tube long the holes :)

Back