• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 Messerschmitt Me-262A with other stuff - finished

Thanks a lot, Gentlemen!

I think, that might be it, the scene
Making-Of-203232.jpg

1 Mechnics inspecting the front wheel, as there was some irritations while last landing; 1 Officer controlling the fuel barrels and 3 guys and a dog below/beside a tree on a little hill which is used or better formed to act like some kind of splinter protection.

this 262 I've done is the 262 of Oberleutnant Günther Wegmann based at Parchim (north eastern Germany) in late March 1945. Later this 262 in this livery was taken over by US Army near the Dutch border - how it was brought there I dont know. But back to this scene, the weekend of 24th/25th March 1945 was quite warm with up to 15 Celsius, so sitting outside, killing time, waiting for the next raid would be possible.

This shot (https://www.mil-airfields.de/de1/parchim-flugplatz/1970-11-01-sowjetischer-flugplatz-parchim.jpg) shows Parchim in 1970 used by the Soviets. There you can see a small area of trees on the lower right and a small forrest above the airport. So I asume there was a small forrest already in 1945. Placing a tree is then most likely.

And with that I end my excursion into the consideration of the creation of this base

What are you using for your groundwork?
Well, you know those terrain textures which appeared in the last recent years, those from AK or Vallejo or others? Sure you know. When I first heard of them beeing Acrylic based ... I came up with this
You know those materials I guess - from back left to right front: some brown wall paint, just a plastic jar with lid, some dark brown pigments and the main ingredient the Acrylic sealant
Making-Of-210601-2216-20210601-221601-007.jpg

here again: Acrylic sealant, brown wall paint, brown pigments
Making-Of-210601-2218-20210601-221825-006.jpg

mix this in the jar togehter with some water - yep as lomg as the acrylic sealant is not dried it is thinnable with water - and you get this
Making-Of-210601-2218-20210601-221832-005.jpg

This paste I mix with plaster or cement as a basis for soil.

The key is acrylic for this sealant, it has to be dilutable with water. For this kind of things the cheapest ones are enough.

I've mixed me this brown stuff some months ago, put some drops of water in that jar and it is still useable. In this example I've used the plaster filler you use for dry wall filling. I mixed it with that brown paste and and sprinkled it over it in the end - that will dry it faster.

It's coming along nicely, will the wet effects remain? :vgood:
Thanks, Mike. the background to this scene are the weather records of March 1945 from Hamburg and Berlin, where Parchim is somewhere in the middle. March 45 was very cold and wet. So everything was muddy until the weekend from Friday 23. to Sunday 25. where it was quite sunny and also quite warm. 15 C or 59 F. This scene should be early afternoon on Sunday, so partly it will be wet and partly with more sun it will be quite dry. Thats what I try to achive. Also the 262 is quite dry, so it would look a little missplaced if everying is wet around it.

Back