• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

revell 1/32 Fw 190-F8

Paulw

I started with the engine on this thing. It is all about 9 parts and done. It has good fit and I think it looks nice.

For the shading of the cylinders I shot it with Vallejo silver and did a sludge wash of Dark gray pigment mixed with micro set as a carrier. It flowed in the nooks real well.

trudging along

I may have to leave all the panels open if I can get away with it. Not really a bad kit.

Got some color on it today (yaaay). All together it isn't a bad kit but it does have a couple of issues with fit on the cowl being that it has so many parts to it I really didn't expect it to fit like a Tamigawa
kit. It is, though, meant to be displayed with the cowl panels open. I would build another one being fair warned about some of the small issues. Come to think of it I should have done a build review on it since I am not aware of any for this kit.

I know that this is an F-8 but I am choosing to build it as an A-8 from Jg 301 though I don't have the colors correct either but I do with as I have.

Have a look see.

I am looking forward to getting it all weathered up.

Back