• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

rest and re-fuel

modelguru

I am jumpin in for this build as well its gona be a lend-lease theme.

013-4.jpg

012-7.jpg

As can be seen its gona be a little busy ........ the base and back ground will be completely scratch built as well as the vehicle stowage so that is impossible to show now .
So anything else that will be added is gona be scratch.

Dont worry guys I am gona be on this like a fat kid on a cupcake. This is the kind of build I live for .In case you havent seen it I did the entire "WHY PROJECT" bild in roughly a year ....it has 128 figures multiple wheeled vehicles tracked vehicle a br-52 hreigs locomotive the cattle cars were completely scratch built , the three story gate building was scratch built as well as the base and all the base work . which the base is 8ft by 2.5ft. Oh and several of the figures were sculpted and a latex mold was made and then cast the figures ........ the mold of the sondercommando was destroyed after it was used .....the build was so emotionally taxing that i didnt want any of it ever re-used again. Which now the build is housed in a local holocust museum ......The build was the selection process at gate 3 Auschwitz.

On to hapier things I will definately be all over the berlin build there is gona be alot of casting and scratching goin on.

Terry did you get a chance to look at the video on the guardian asv thread it is on airbrushing weathering powderes.

Thanks Bob.
It will be a far cry from one of your masterpieces , but maybe i can do a little justice with my lend-lease idea.

modelguru wrote:
Dont worry guys I am gona be on this like a fat kid on a cupcake. This is the kind of build I live for .In case you havent seen it I did the entire "WHY PROJECT" bild in roughly a year ....it has 128 figures multiple wheeled vehicles tracked vehicle a br-52 hreigs locomotive the cattle cars were completely scratch built , the three story gate building was scratch built as well as the base and all the base work . which the base is 8ft by 2.5ft. Oh and several of the figures were sculpted and a latex mold was made and then cast the figures ........ the mold of the sondercommando was destroyed after it was used .....the build was so emotionally taxing that i didnt want any of it ever re-used again. Which now the build is housed in a local holocust museum ......The build was the selection process at gate 3 Auschwitz.

On to hapier things I will definately be all over the berlin build there is gona be alot of casting and scratching goin on.

Terry did you get a chance to look at the video on the guardian asv thread it is on airbrushing weathering powderes.

No I have not! I will have to check that out.

Terry B)

Ok guys and girls been a little out of touch this week , we have been working out of town again . All week long it has been 12 or 13 hour days. Because I have a incurable sickness call scale modeling obsessive disorder ...... I have still come back to the hotel room and after taking care of business related items. I have been crushing through the ICM studebaker truck it almost falls together most of it is constructed ......it will go in primer tonight and then maybe i can set the plastic down before midnight or one. Will post pics this weekend.

Ok here we go one massive update ...... I started with the stude built up most of it in subassemblies , primed it and then shot the top coat

022-6.jpg

023-6.jpg

024-7.jpg

025-6.jpg

026-5.jpg

It ain't easy being green, is it? Nice work Chris, I'm liking the big ol' beast!

Great start !!!!

I dont suppose you have any pictures of the Auschwitz diorama by any chance as Ive visited that awful place and studied its Hisotry a bit recently ?

Been doing a little more casting ......decided to add more stawage to the stude and what better way to do it than to cast your own .....this is only the beginning of what will be added.

015-7.jpg

016-8.jpg

017-7.jpg

Lookin' good!

I just recently built one of those. Not a bad kit. Could be better, you know all I do by now!

Bob

Back