• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer IV...Ausf.J, I guess

Hi people; I'm starting this GB with Tamiya's 35181 kit; but ...man, there is so little pics of the early Ausf.J :angry: May be I will make an Ausf.H, there is a lot of pics of them.

DSCN6765.jpg

So, I'm looking for pics of this vehicles: white 806 or red 732

35181b.jpg

I'm not interested in the 3rd scheme proposed by Tamiya, black 1032, because, as stated in an old magazine, Military Model Preview, that vehicle carries hollow track guide theet.

I've checked the following books, looking for those pìcs:

Sd.Kfz.161 Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G-H-J - Trojca 20
Panzer Tracts 04
Pzkpfw IV Ausf.G, H and J 1942-45 - Osprey New Vanguard 39
PzKpfw IV in Action - Squadron 2012
The Pzkfw. IV Med.Tank 1939-1945 - Squadron 6081
Armes Militaria HS 01 - Les Panzer en Normandie
Panzers En Normandie 1 - 39-45 Serie Historica
Panzer IV & its variants - Schiffer

I'm more interested in red 732, because it's painted in the 3 colors scheme

Thanks

Darío

Thanks Ken; I like this Pz IV: http://www.afvplanet.com/galeria/pziv/index.html

So, I start to make experiments: I build the branches using copper wire and the leaves using...oregano leaves :)

DSCN6782.jpg

DSCN6783.jpg

Here is the first test on my Dragon's Pz IV J late:

DSCN6777.jpg

DSCN6779.jpg

Darío

Thanks guys!

I've been experimenting with Milliput and a couple of Modelkasten zimmerit tools. This is like marriage: it looks easy until you try :lol:

The mantlet doesn't look OK to me, so I scraped off the putty
The zimm must looks like in the below picture (the last image is the Atak zimmerit)

zimmdel.jpg

DSCN6808.jpg

DSCN6809.jpg

DSCN6817.jpg

Darío

DARIO,

AS evidence of the War time Pix you've posted : Don't get too wrapped up in whether or not it looks Perfect. Some of this stuff was Field Applied & looks anything but. I like th stuff you applied with Milliput.

Have you Tried Aves Apoxy Sculpt ? - http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=28&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

This is some Really Cool stuff & easy to work with. I've found a trick to working with it & it goes on Looking Fabulous :kiss: :woohoo:

So, if you decide to get some Let me know.

ERIK

Thanks for the advice, Erik; I'm trying to handle the M Illiput yet :D

I added the rest of the zimmerit and 3 little chains on the rear plate

DSCN6832.jpg

DSCN6833.jpg

And, of course, the springs for the mud flaps of the fenders, built with copper wire

DSCN6836.jpg

DSCN6839.jpg

I could not resist the tempation of build some interior details: a resin transmision, scrachtbuilt radios and instrument panel, a spare ammo box from a Dicker Max, etc.

DSCN6827.jpg

DSCN6831.jpg

Darío

DARIO,

Hells Yeah !! Lookin' Good ! Very Cool springs. How did you make those ?

Don't Stop on th Zimm. It's Great !! Can't wait to see th rest of the Interior ! I've got one on th way. I just gotta try & get it right in the Up-Gunned/Up-Armored Ausf. D from Dragon !!

I'll be watchin' this one !! Fa' Shizzle !

ERIK

Very good and clean build!

I really like the branches and leaves.... they look realistic........... just by using cheap stuff from the kitchen!

Regards
Noel

Dario, that''s one fine Panzer! I think the zimmerit is looking great- and all the little details are adding up quite nicely.

Cheers!
chuk

Thanks guys!
Some updates:

DSCN6841b.jpg

DSCN6842b.jpg

Turret interior::

DSCN6920b.jpg

DSCN6921b.jpg

Turret schürzen thinned:

DSCN6935-1.jpg

I use Tristar tracks, ref. 052; It supposed they don't need glue, but....it's not true, glue is required. The box contain 288 links; I used 97 or 98 per side, so, there is a lot of spare track links

DSCN7001b.jpg

Gray parts are from other Dragon's models:

DSCN7002b.jpg

DSCN7003b.jpg

DSCN7004b.jpg

DSCN7006b.jpg

Anything you see wrong, please let me know

Darío

Back