• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panther G

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
After much pressure from a certain German birdie, I will attempt to build something in the Braille scale!!

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

Looks like a pretty good kit, guess I'll find out! Just what the heck have you gotten me into, Joe??!! :hmmm

You will have fun with this one. I build the Panther G with zimm in 1/72. Very nice kit. Be careful when gluing the tracks, use liquid glue but preferably something like Testors or Tamiya. Proweld is to strong. If the tracks come apart you can glue them easily end on end.

Joe

P.S.: I feel the force is strong with this one :D

For a minute there I thought it was another Panther G...OK. Cool! you got 15 days to git'er done!

Made a little progress today, once I got over the feelingthat I would break every part I touched! :laugh:

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG

IMG_4015.JPG

I need to tighten up the camo a little and the the decals. The colors are lighter than I normally do, something Chris says he does with smaller scale stuff. I still need to add the tools and spare tracks, wash and weather it, but I like this little kit! :hmmm

Dude, you're never going to make the dead line....Progress, yeah, that's some progress!

Have fun?

You know how my schedule goes, not off again until next Sunday!! :laugh: Yeah, I think I can make it from here, maybe?

OMG, I created a Monster!!!!! No but seriously thats some nice work and as I told you...its an easy kit. Good Job my friend. One suggestion I do have....the brown is a little to light for my taste and looks kinda pinkish in the pic but this might change with a flat coat.

Joe

Thanks, my friends!! I added the extra tracks, tools and some of the other details, applied several coats of the shown Filters, I think they add depth to the finish.

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4031.JPG

Tomorrow, I plan to add the decals in preparation for the washes. Hopefully, I'll finish this build Sunday. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!! (y)

they are mighty shinny, maybe some dirt to cover them up some. Looking fine Mike, bet you'll make it.

Thanks, folks! The shiny tools are straight from the bottle, I haven't washed anything yet. They will get duller before I'm done.

Wow, I need to get me some of those filters. I like the look the give.

Oh yeah, great work Mike. See, the small stuff isnt that bad.

WOW. Thats is some outstanding Braille Scale work you doing there. And not to forget that this is a first for you. Hats off to you :notworthy

Joe

Back