• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My very best birthday party!!!

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Susan and Gail got everybody together for my 70th birthday party. I hadn't seen some of these people in 10 to 15 years. Very old friends and a bunch of them were modelers. Susan, Gail and Wes are MA menbers and many others, 38 in all, attended. It was planned as a barbeque, but the weather turned cold and wet and we moved it to the lower level of our house. A wonderful time, an event I will remember forever.

First, left to right, a pic of me, Wes Bradley and Lewis Pruneau. Old, old friends!

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11001.jpg

Lewis and me in the museum. We have been close friends for more than 30 years now. When we met, there wasn't a gray hair to be found on either of us!:D :D

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11004.jpg

This is me and my former police partner of 15 years, Joe Mokwa, now retired Chief of police of the St. Louis police Department.

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11018.jpg

For you ex-VLS/Mastercon guys, Chuck Stuckenberg, my warehouse manager and his main squeeze, Cathy, and now big shot IT guy for Washington University.

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11028.jpg

Herb Rigg, VLS former production manager and legendary bus driver at almost every Mastercon. Herb was everybody's favorite at VLS/Mastercon for 14 years and is now 84 years young.

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11032.jpg

Stupid balloons! I can't believe I am that old!!!!

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11034.jpg

Mastermind of the event, Susan, my wife of 46 years! She cooked up 60 sirloin burgers and a gallon of baked beans for the event! Tons of stuff to eat and drink!!!

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11036.jpg

My (new) daughter, Gail, (on the right) and her best friend Terri! Both worked very hard to put this altogether!

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11040.jpg

Me opening presents, some great stuff, but not a single model.:(

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11044.jpg

Me and my 30 year financial consultant/ great friend, Rick Johnson and four of his six kids. He was always there during the VLS years!

Bobs70thBirthday05-14-11050.jpg

Me and my baby daughter, Gail!, Well, 48 is still a baby to me!

11-2.jpg

Del Miller. A retired pastor, great modeler, and 16 year chaplain of Mastercon. He also married Chris Mrosko and his wife Nancy in a military wedding in the lobby of VLS about 10 years ago!

11-3.jpg

Another pic of Gail and Terri!

11-4.jpg

Bob Schleuter was the contractor who built the VLS buildings and the museum. He is also my good friend of more than 20 years!

11-9.jpg

Several pics at the party

11-5.jpg

11-6.jpg

11-7.jpg

11-8.jpg

Then, the following day, Susan took me to our favorite seafood restaurant in Union Station, downtown St. Louis, for a more intimate birthday dinner!

CIMG2746.jpg

CIMG2747.jpg

Susan's 70th won't be for another 5 years, I know, I robbed the cradle 46 years ago! I was a mature 23 and she was a teeny bopper! :D :D :D The perfect end to the perfect birthday!
I did manage to get by CRM hobby to get a new release from New World Miniatures, compliments of Chris Mrosko!

Thanks Chris!

Life is good!

Bob

Excellent party Bob

Glad you had a great time and it looks as though you certainly did

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Anyway about your autobiography whens it coming out ? :)

Hey Bob
Happy 70th mate.
Must be good to have all these friends together from the past and present.
That is some loaded kitchen bench behind Susan ;)
Brad

Happy birthday Bob! The only thing better than living a good life is living it with such good family and friends and it looks like you have that in spades. My wishes for many more to you Bob!

Nice B-DAY Bob , ....... good food , good friends , good times !!!

Next time you have one of these Brad and I will volunteer to guard the kitchen counter behind Susan !!!

Thanks to all you guys!

It was not only a fantastic birthday party, but a milestone in my life. When I was forty, I used to think that anybody my age should just put a gun to his head and end it!:evil:

Funny, how you keep edging that upward each decade that passes!:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

BTW, I will be posting my first figure post on the Logistics threads in masterclass in the next couple of days. I have close to 200 built, converted, posed and detailed, ready to paint! Been busy!

Even as an old geezer, I can still cut the mustard!(y) (y)

Bob

Old geezers cutting the mustard has a totaly different meaning back in England
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :mpup :mpup :drinks :drinks

Hey Bob
Happy 70th mate.
Must be good to have all these friends together from the past and present.
That is some loaded kitchen bench behind Susan ;)
Brad

Nice B-DAY Bob , ....... good food , good friends , good times !!!

Next time you have one of these Brad and I will volunteer to guard the kitchen counter behind Susan !!!

Hey guys,

That "Kitchen" is actually a large bar in the lower level of the house. It has everything a kitchen usually has, but it really is a bar! We use that for entertaining and only rarely use it for cooking a meal. It is adjacent to an 1100 square foot family room. It's almost like a big hall! One of the reasons we bought the house a decade ago! When the original idea birthday party in the back yard barbeque was rained out, we were really lucky to have had it! It was planned for two months, fantastic weather leading up to it, then on the day, it was 48 degrees, storming and high winds! (y) (y)

Here are two other views.

CIMG0887copy.jpg

CIMG0881copy.jpg

Anyway, wish you two could have been there. The job would have been yours!

Bob

Wow! How can I miss a post with 60 sirloin burgers and all that drink?

Happy Belated birthday!

Regards,

Personally I think that all of that talent, food and alcohol in one room should be illegal. :eek:hyeah

Just kidding but man, to be a fly on the wall...

Thanks for sharing these.

Back