• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

my project, better late than never !! FINISHED !!

gioazz

Ciao a tutti,

Finally I've started my project.

Well, I did a few mods to the weel, basically cut in half used only the roof top.

I have to say that working and cutting the material has been a real challenge, but I finally did it.

The figure is from Minisoldiers, a really nice piece, now is time to start painting!

Ciao

Giovanni

IMG-20110522-00078.jpg

Re: my project, better late than ever

Ciao, Giovanni!

That is a major surgery you have performed, it should be quite an interesting project to follow. Best wishes! (y)

Ciao, Giovanni!

That is a major surgery you have performed, it should be quite an interesting project to follow. Best wishes! (y)

Hi Mike,

Yep I agree, a major surgery, but I'm not a fan of big spaces.

Here find the updates, quick pictures, you can see that I've added the PE helmet straps from Dragon, the pistol from Dragon as well, made out of Duro the front strip on the helmet (I've to finish it..) and a flag coming out of his rucksac.

Hope you like it.

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1046.JPG

DSC_1047.JPG

DSC_1048.JPG

G, you did that face in 7 hours?? Wow, I got to go back and read your lessons again!!

Re: my project, better late than never

Hi guys,

thanks so much!

I actually did the face in a couple of hours, is so tiny!!

Now working on the base, hopefully will post the updates tonight.

Ciao

Giovanni

GIO,

Great Start !! I'm lookin forward to seein this !! I too am a late starter !! Which reminds me ......

Wow- that's a great mod to the ol' well, Giovanni- cheers! That GI looks like one tough hombre- what a face!

chuk

HI guys,

thanks so much for all your comments!

Indeed has been a major mod!

Please find attached pics of the progress, where you can see the basic colour of the well and how it did turn up!

Also I'm working on the jacket and start pouring water in the well.

Let me know what you think.

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1049web.jpg

DSC_1050web.jpg

DSC_1051web.jpg

DSC_1052web.jpg

DSC_1053web.jpg

DSC_1053web.jpg

DSC_1054web.jpg

DSC_1055web.jpg

DSC_1056web.jpg

DSC_1057web.jpg

WOW!!! This is really cool!!!

Terry (y)

very very nice giovanni both the well and the figures jacket is awesome :drinks

WOW. The face the well, the jacket. Most excellent. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

How did you paint the well after the block colours? Is it drybrush, wash? what colour did you use to blend it all together? Just awesome work.
James

Outstanding Giovanni, Amazing how stark the colors are on the blocks of the well before you applied the filters, and how subtle they are now. (y)

Hi guys,

Thanks again!

James,what I did, is paint different colours as base, then I did a drybrush with a medium grey, then I used brown and dark filters doing general and selective washes.

is easier to do than to explain, most of the techniques are borrowed from you tank guys!

Any questions, please ask.

Ciao

Giovanni

Great work Giovanni!(y)

I like that flag coming out of the rucksack,...maybe you could show a bit of black and white on it[if it's a German Nazi flag].

I am looking forward to the next update.:)

Greetings,Ron.

Hi Ron,

Thanks so much, the flag will have indeed white and black, still only base colour.

Please find more updates and some pics of the well so you can have a look at how it went from the basic colours to the final tones.

Water still to be finishedwith last layer and water splash.

Ciao

Giovanni

DSC_1058web.jpg

DSC_1059web.jpg

DSC_1060web.jpg

DSC_1061web.jpg

DSC_1062web.jpg

DSC_1063web.jpg

DSC_1064web.jpg

DSC_1065web.jpg

DSC_1066web.jpg

Back