• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'My' Jaguar * * D O N E * *

That would have been neat! F-111 at Lakenheath and Honington.... I was first posted to Plattsburgh... FB-111A

Did they actually have any F-111K's? Or was that just a concept. I'd love to do an F-111 with British markings.

Did they actually have any F-111K's? Or was that just a concept. I'd love to do an F-111 with British markings.

You can always do on in Aussie colors...

I'd like to find a good set of FB decals for the 380th BW. All I have seen are ones for the 509th

Thanks Ian. Sometimes Wikipedia is not my friend; I've had difficulty finding information from them before. This time was good information.

Thanks Barney, I did do one in Aussie colors already. Looks great on my shelf.

Morning All (well it is here).
Winter has arrived here in NZ so it's pretty d*mn cold in the garage and therefore modelling time is a little limited. Have to admit that other 'bright and shiny things' have distracted me aswell, but I've put all of them to one side so I can focus on finishing the Jag. Also need to apologise for the dodgy quality of the pics, it's a new phone and I'm still fiddling with the camera settings.

Since you last saw it, the loadout has been finished, the bays painted, gear built and attached and it got a 'dark dirt' Flory wash. Last thing I did was seal all of that with a 'wet coat' of Humbrol 'Gloss Cote' (sic).

Now it's ready for decals.

10 loadout.jpg

11a decal ready.jpg

11b decal ready.jpg

11c decal ready.jpg

More in a few days hopefully.

Ian.

Ian is he carrying practice bombs? Blue bombs in us are inert, not sure about NZ but I thought that was standard among us Allies.

" Ian is he carrying practice bombs? Blue bombs in us are inert, not sure about NZ but I thought that was standard among us Allies. "

Yep, 1000lb'ers, it was/is the 'entry level' RAF dumb bomb. Pretty sure it's a NATO standard that all inert weaps are painted or coded in blue. It's the same here in NZ and over in Australia. 41 Squadron was primarily a Tac-R unit but with a secondary ground attack role so was quite common for 'our' jets to carry concrete bombs a couple of times a month.

Ian.

Decals have occurred:

12a decals 1.jpg

12b decals 2.jpg

It'll be no surprise whatsoever that these fought me every inch-of-the-way as much as the kit has !. I LOVE this aircraft but I'll be bl**dy glad to see the back of it and make a start on something fresh.

Ian.

...and we're done.

a done.jpg

Was never going to be a 'show stopper', and in the last week or so I simply wanted it off the bench so I could move on to something far less 'resistant'. Thanks for following-along, really appreciate the comments and encouragement along the way - Next, a WWII German aircraft.

Have the rest of a great weekend all.

Ian.

Ian it looks nice. I know how you feel though, when a build has a personal connection our expectations rise and it's hard to feel like we met them.

"...Ian it looks nice. I know how you feel though, when a build has a personal connection our expectations rise and it's hard to feel like we met them."

Thank you, John much appreciated - TBH, my expectations weren't great, Airfix output in the mid 1990's wasn't up to much in terms of quality. This was all about building a machine that I had / have a very strong connection to and more importantly was in the spirit of celebrating the Tenth Anniversary of MA.

Think I achieved that :bm:, and at the back of the cabinet, it looks fine ;)

Ian.

Back