• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'My' Jaguar * * D O N E * *

So after the first round of filling and sanding, I shot the Jag with a coat of Rustoleum satin black primer and left it to cure for 36 hours:

6a black.jpg

Once the primer coat had cured it was time for the second round of PSR:

7a PSR.jpg

7b PSR.jpg

Almost done, well it was after a third session. Next was the usual 36 hour wait to let it all cure again, then shoot two light coats of Humbrol enamel 163 - RAF Dark Green:

8a Humbrol green.jpg

Leaving that for a further 48 hours, I then shot two light coats of Xtracolour X1 'RAF Dark Green' to give it some depth:

8b Xtracolour green.jpg

As this is typed it's been drying for 24 hours or there about. I'll leave it until Friday before masking the complicated wraparound camo pattern ready for the grey. Planning on doing exactly the same process of Humbrol the Xtracolour enamels. I'll not bore y'all with progress pics, the next time you see it will be with the masking-off and the basic painting completed.

Thanks for following and commenting, always appreciated and never taken for granted.

Best from NZ.

Ian.

Last edited:
NEAT. the Sepecat Jaguar is one of the best looking and most under appreciated aircraft of all time. Cannot wait yo see this!

Thanks all.
Progress will slow down a little just now as the temps here dropped by almost ten degrees (C) from yesterday to today, too cold to venture into the cave until perhaps this afternoon. Cheers for the support much appreciated...

Ian.

Good going!! I built the Esci version of this kit probably 40+ yrs. ago. I wonder how similar they are? Nice to see a Jag again and it must be great to finally model your bird. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Offspring of the union of a Phantom II and a Harrier? Neat looking Jet! You usual no-fuss approach to an imprecisely engineered model kit! Nice job so far! in the States our acronym is "PSCR" Putty, sand, cuss, repeat. :ro:

...and we're back:

9a camo.jpg

9b camo.jpg

9c camo.jpg

All enamels, Humbrol, Tamiya & Xtracolour.
Next I'll mask off the undercarriage bays and spray them, plus a little detail painting here and there. After that I'll get the load-out painted up and then on to the decals.

Stay tuned,

Ian.

"I was near RAF Honnington (sp?) from 77-81, did they fly Tornados or Jags? "

Honington in '77 was the 'southern' Buccaneer squadrons home - they rotated between Laarbruch in Germany then back to Honington. In '81 the first Tornado's arrived (the TWCU was first to form).

If you're into the whole 'what if' history then Honington would have been the first base for the RAF F-111 fleet - not too many folks realise that after the TSR2 was dumped, the UK looked at a Spey engined F-111K as a serious option for the 'strike' role.

Ian.

Back