• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first resin kit - AMX (A-1A) - DONE!

Flyingbabydoc

Hello dear friends,

Since I quite enjoyed working with those resin Details on the Heinkel, now Comes to time to a real challenge: a complete resin build.

I have acquired the Italian Kits AMX (Aeritalia-Aermacchi-Embraer) in 1/72 and will be using a lot of add-ons to recreate this plane below:

hc327ba3.jpg

This is the real life Picture. These planes are based in Santa Maria AB, which is about 250km away from my home town.

h93344bf.jpg

I am using a set of Brazilian weapons (also resin) produced in Brazil by Duarte Models. Master Luiz surely knows them! As for the decals, I am using also a Brazilian Producer, FCM decals, and cannibalizing their Mirage 2000 sheet.

h33d41df.JPG

h2a3dbca_2017-02-28.JPG

hf453421.JPG

I was not sure if it would work so I waited to take Pictures and start the Topic. The Progress as of today is shown below: primer added, some Details already painted. There are so many parts, including

an APU

h439ace5.JPG

the cannon (Brazilian have 2 Defa 30mm, Italian airplanes just one M61 but this I will bot be able to change

h3852a3e.JPG

hc595464.JPG

The seat and fan

h7828a29.JPG

and wheels:

h2aa2005.JPG

Overall view:

h2ecf11e.JPG

h3d79f93.JPG

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Alex

My first resin kit - 1/72 Brazilian AMX (A-1A)

Alex you don't shy away from a challenge I'll give you that. :popcorn

Alex you don't shy away from a challenge I'll give you that. :popcorn

No, never! :soldier :soldier :soldier

I may not get it right, but I will die trying.

It is such a shame that this airplane exists only as resin, it has been shunned by most companies (above all Italeri) although it has played an important role in the Balkans in 1995 and in Afghanistan.

Still, gotta work with what you have.

Cheers

Alex

Dear Alex.

Nice choice...I know these two manufactures...both owners are friend of mine...good luck on this project my friend!

Best regards!

Luiz em pleno Carnaval :evil: :frantic :woohoo:

Good luck Alex! Resin can be challenging!

I've used FCM decals a couple times and while they were good, I found you had to be a little careful with some of the larger ones with cracking. Maybe just a bad set i got but just watch them. They settle down very nice though!!!

Thanks guys!

Warren, I have used FCM before and never had any Problems. Maybe because I always use small (1/72) decals. They do settle wonderfully!

Here is the Progress.

Lots of sanding and filling, but this time no seam lines! The Pictures are still a bit "raw", Need to sand more, but I got all the Details in. And it all fit! I am ecstatic.

The last one Shows the weaponry I have Chosen for this model.

Cheers

Alex

h50152a6.JPG

h246a568.JPG

h8255b5d.JPG

hc72cb24.JPG

h964f80c.JPG

h7952c4a.JPG

hca5dfb4.JPG

h67b08a2.JPG

h9db5594.JPG

h41efb57.JPG

h4c08218.JPG

Hello everyone..

Apparently I have either scared you away with my horrible Pictures or this is not an interesting subject....

In any case, it went much better than I could have thought. Everything fit. There arent so many Details as I expected, and the model is a bit "thick" altough I have sanded it until my lungs had collapsed.

Now it is all put together and painted in the new Brazilian scheme of gray and green. The slats anf flaps are also already weathered. Now only waiting for the decals. I Need to finish it soon so I can start on the Me-163.

Cheers

Alex

hfe220ae.JPG

h9dfc59a.JPG

hbc539a0.JPG

hb006c85.JPG

ha02ebec.JPG

h77f3e12.JPG

h69d3236.JPG

he267861.JPG

Interesting subject. Didn't even realize you were building it. :idonno Brave man :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian and Dave

It is interesting actually. And more than that, I am now confident I can handle resin better in the future.

First time I actually used this "paint-in" System for the decals. I think it turned out ok for my lack of experience (and using a brush):

hcf17bc0.JPG

h478c471.JPG

h62e1538.JPG

he4c1160.JPG

h8849df2.JPG

h563512c.JPG

h2d41bf2.JPG

This is the model now. Still Needs the weathering and fine-tuning.

h8df58e3.JPG

h25fd307.JPG

h60cf4bc.JPG

h7411b99.JPG

h38a4dce.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Nice job Alex (y)

I've had resin that was just crap but my most recent one was most excellent. Went together like a Tamiya kit with very little issues. They have come a long way that's for sure.

This defiantly went way better then my first attempt at a full resin kit!
Congrats Alex!
:good:

Hi everyone

So I am done.

I am very, very happy with the result. Not only I managed to finish it without dying but also it did not turn out so badly, IMHO. Of course there is MUCH to be learnt and to improve, but this was my first attempt.

I am actually so glad that I already ordered the two-siter Version. So I will try again!

Here are the Pictures. The last one Shows an old model from Aeromodel, a run-of-the-mill plastic kit without any Details, which I had assembled a few years back.

Comments are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cheers

Alex

h85acc1a.JPG

hac8004c.JPG

he760198.JPG

hbdb641c.JPG

hd6ed3b2.JPG

h9a7aace.JPG

h2000091.JPG

Way to go Alex; you're a braver man than I Gunga Din! I won't do a resin aircraft. I tried one once and one fuselage half broke and I could not get it to glue back together well enough to finish the model. Extremely bad fit so I shelved it. I don't even know where it is right now.

Yours came out exceptionally well done. Way to go Doc!

Back