• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My first full sculpt of a figure - now being painted

That sounds like an amazing company James. I wonder; could you suggest that they expand their buildings and bunkers and some of their accessories into the 1/72 scale market? There is so little in the way of Vietnam-era buildings, bunkers and accessories for those of us in the small scales who wish to build Vietnam dioramas.

Just a crazy thought. If they did, they'd corner the market there.

That sounds like an amazing company James. I wonder; could you suggest that they expand their buildings and bunkers and some of their accessories into the 1/72 scale market? There is so little in the way of Vietnam-era buildings, bunkers and accessories for those of us in the small scales who wish to build Vietnam dioramas.

Just a crazy thought. If they did, they'd corner the market there.
I agree that there is so little in the way of 1/72 scale anything Vietnam-era aside from a few armor kits and plastic figures. I will talk to the owners and see if they will do some stuff in 1/72. The lack of 1/72 scale Vietnam stuff is one reason why I haven't done much in that scale and have stuck with 1/35. You can pack a lot more action in small space with 1/72 than you can 1/35 in a similar sized space.

Cheers,
James

I agree that there is so little in the way of 1/72 scale anything Vietnam-era aside from a few armor kits and plastic figures. I will talk to the owners and see if they will do some stuff in 1/72. The lack of 1/72 scale Vietnam stuff is one reason why I haven't done much in that scale and have stuck with 1/35. You can pack a lot more action in small space with 1/72 than you can 1/35 in a similar sized space.

Cheers,
James

I totally agree. I have always wanted to do a moderate sized firebase but there's almost nothing I can use. Another possibility would be Korea, which used a combination of equipment from WWII to Vietnam, as a lot of stuff used later in the 'Nam was originally introduced in Korea. I've always wanted to do a complete M*A*S*H 4077 compound in 1/72 scale.

Good luck James.

I totally agree. I have always wanted to do a moderate sized firebase but there's almost nothing I can use. Another possibility would be Korea, which used a combination of equipment from WWII to Vietnam, as a lot of stuff used later in the 'Nam was originally introduced in Korea. I've always wanted to do a complete M*A*S*H 4077 compound in 1/72 scale.

Good luck James.
Looks like your wish will be granted. :) I talked to one of the owners of the DCD and it looks like I will be creating some masters for some 1/72 scale items like bunkers, etc. I doubt I will do any figures in that scale, but at least there will be some structures becoming available in the future.

Cheeer,
James

Like "sniffin paint" sculpting is only a matter of practice, right? Ya, right, no so easy, I agree.

It has been almost a year since I sculpted this figure. There were some issues in getting it cast, but I think they may be worked out now, so we'll just have to see how the castings turn out.

In the meantime, I had been itching to get some paint put onto this figure and use it in a diorama or vignette. Back on 6 September painted the face and this past weekend I started painting the uniform. I still have quite a ways to go on the uniform, but at least it is started and as I find time I will continue working on him.

241720762_4243944065702469_929717007276227185_n.jpg241723276_4243943912369151_6261593882961380306_n.jpg241755552_4243943649035844_1581403624411942481_n.jpg242174194_4268590246571184_2129769290259951733_n.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Cheers,
James

James it's fantastic seeing you posting again, especially since you're showing off your outstanding figures! Way to go; I love his expression!

Back