• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Mrs Bonnie'

ij001

Building this for a STGB over at Britmodeller - Tamiya's 1:32 kit. Won't be an OoB build and may not get done in the time-frame especially as we're 'going home' for a holiday just after New Year, but other than one other project (the Hornet), I'm clearing the bench of everything to focus on this one.

Put the 'block' together this morning and mixed/sprayed a cocktail of Tamiya acrylic XF-56 & XF1.

h2245a72.JPG

hf46477f.JPG

Thanks for looking and/or commenting. Please feel free to make any comments or ask any questions throughout the build.

Ian.

I love it when 'nice things' happen - surprisingly got some 'me time' this afternoon so built/sprayed the supercharger section and added it to the block.

h17dc329.JPG

h5cfb069.JPG

h09c3a4a.JPG

Doesn't look too bad even if I say so m'self. Hopefully more tomorrow.

Ian.

More 'front end' progress:

h79f882e.JPG

h0e2a500.JPG

hde8b6be.JPG

Also started getting some paint on to the inside of the fuselage. Tamiya NATO black and Humbrol MetalCote Matt Aluminium.

h69af83e.JPG

Thanks for looking and/or commenting, more tomorrow.

Ian.

First test-fit of the block in to the fuselage and looking OK...

h3ea66e6.JPG

Been working on the Hornet today so back to 'Mrs Bonnie' tomorrow.

Ian.

Little more done:

h0ea7773.JPG

h1e91b6b.JPG

Various gauges of fuse wire and stiff florists wire in bundles and individually (super)glued in to place. Not doing too much here just enough to add some interest. My last set of resin updates arrived this morning, so after finishing-up in the wheel wells, I can jump back into the 'pit.

Ian.

Back