• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelcollect E75 Tiger III Complete!

Thanks guys! The last few weeks have been busy with life stuff, so there hasn't been much bench time. I decided this tank was going to have a very different paint scheme, I had seen a couple unusual subjects that interested me and thought I'd give it a go.

IMG_1808 (2).JPG
IMG_1809 (2).JPG

Stand by, there's more coming. :wow:

Thanks for coming by! :Drinks:

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate them. Base coat is Tamiya XF-20 Medium Gray, camo is AK Real Color RC017 Pale Blue thinned with Mr Color 400 thinner.
IMG_1811 (2).JPG

Sprays like a million bucks!
IMG_1812 (2).JPG
IMG_1813 (2).JPG

Next up, filters and panel wash. Looks pretty stark right now, but we'll tone it down.
Much more to come, thanks for coming by!

:Drinks:

Aren't YOU clever! Urban/Digital (almost) camo for the "Bigger Tiger you're gonna need"! Take THAT Soviet JS-2 Beotches!!
...It tolls for Thee (in Russian!)

Thanks guys! I've been looking at European builders styles and wanted to try their style. Much more to come, I'll try not to bore you.

Thanks guys! Tracks are on, filter and pin wash started, long way to go on the weathering yet.

IMG_1956 (2).JPG
IMG_1957 (2).JPG

Trying something new on the exhausts, base coated with a rusty color, then dabbed liquid mask on with a sponge. When that dried, I shot a coat of the Tamiya base color.
IMG_1953 (2).JPG

Fugly, huh? I waited about 20 minutes and rubbed it with my fingers.
IMG_1954 (2).JPG

I went back with a different dark rust over the lower stack. It's a little extreme, but I'll give it some additional tones and treatment as I weather.
IMG_1955 (2).JPG
IMG_1958 (2).JPG

Walk around progress.
IMG_1959 (2).JPG
IMG_1960 (2).JPG
IMG_1961 (2).JPG
IMG_1962 (2).JPG
IMG_1963 (2).JPG

Decals came from the spares bin, pretty sure they were from a Dragon kit. Next up, more chipping, weathering and maybe a crew. Thanks for coming by!

Excellent work there Mike! The tracks came out really great and I'm looking forward to see the this bruiser getting all dirty!
200w.gif

Thanks a heap, guys, the feedback is always appreciated! It's hard to believe it's been a month since the last update, but bench time has been scarce! I've been at the bench sporadically, so not really enough for a good update until now. Here's some down and dirty weathering, this tank will be set in an urban scene, so lots of grimy coal dust on the hull, which will be followed by brick and plaster dust. Chipping was done with a sponge and also some brush applied chips, still need to work on the turret weld beads. Streaks and grime are oils and Oilbrushers.
IMG_2020 (2).JPG
IMG_2021 (2).JPG
IMG_2022 (2).JPG
IMG_2023 (2).JPG
IMG_2024 (2).JPG

IMG_2019 (2).JPG

Quite a ways to go, still more details to add. Thanks for coming by!

Back