• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

We're all our own worst critics.

Every little piece tells a story. Another stunning addition Bob. :drunks:

Bob,

We have all built duds in our time (Aurora B-36 with some kind of orange glue... at the beginning and many since). Thing is, you continued to improve. I hope I am half as good as you when I'm older than dirt. :bigrin:

Lazy? You? Not buying that ...love watching this come together. Talk about 2010 and the truck sitting there for 10 years? I built my first model / dio for my first competition in 2011 ....the scale of things and reference points in time :good:

Goes without saying, the jury is unanimous ......:tens:

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

So, what you're telling me is.... It took me longer to build a 1/35th scale Dodge truck than your entire modeling career? Right! :oldguy::lol:

I love to watch your projects come together as well my friend! Get rolling on that Bismarck!

Bob

Bob,

We have all built duds in our time (Aurora B-36 with some kind of orange glue... at the beginning and many since). Thing is, you continued to improve. I hope I am half as good as you when I'm older than dirt. :bigrin:

Well, thanks again!

Then that's a problem for me! I am already older than dirt:oldguy: :lol:

Bob

Thanks Laurence,

So, what you're telling me is.... It took me longer to build a 1/35th scale Dodge truck than your entire modeling career? Right! :oldguy::lol:

I love to watch your projects come together as well my friend! Get rolling on that Bismarck!

Bob

Aye aye Sir ...Rolling .....Rolling ....Rolling on the Bismarck !!! No Tina Turner here :lol: :skipper:

Been busy at the bench. I finished five more trucks. All the rest are built and painted now, a couple have to be weathered. All the rest, and there's a lot, Trucks, Jeeps, Motorcycles, trailers, cars, construction equipment, and so on, only need figures operating them, etc.

Here are the five more just finished!

This is a GMC Deuce and a half cargo w/cargo and towing a gasoline trailer.

caego w:gas trailer5.JPG

This is a side view, This is part of a column of supply trucks. The Red Ball Express is the most famous one because they made a movie about it. The XYZ Express was much larger and supplied American forces that had advanced into Germany in 1945. As the trucks in the Diorama were stalled in a massive Logistical nightmare, this driver is exiting the cab to see what the holdup is.

cargo w:gas trailer1.JPG

Lots of cargo!

Cargo w:gas trailer.2JPG.JPG

Then, a worm's eye view.

cargo w:gas trailer 3.JPG

Next up, Cargo in the trailer. A Duece with a canvas top. Note the safety chain hanging to the ground. When mounted permanently on the diorama, they will be glued in places on the rear of the trucks.

cargo w.canvas9.JPG

From the rear.

cargo w:canvas3.JPG

The front. Some have co-drivers and others didn't.

cargo w:canvas7.JPG

Then A Studebaker Duece and a Half. I found several photos of Studebaker cargo trucks in the XYZ Express. They were not plentiful in the American ETO, but there were a few. Most of Studebaker's production went to Russia. Another driver going to see why the column wasn't moving.
Studebakers looked similar but were really quite different than GMCs.

cargo w:55 Gal.2.JPG

The supply of gasoline was never enough for Patton's Third Army. They were constantly being stopped due to gasoline shortages.

cargo w:55 Gal.3.JPG

The drivers walked up to the intersection where the column is blocked only to see Old Blood and Guts himself letting the Fourth Ameored Division's Combat Command "B" have priority over the supply column.

cargo w:55 Gal1.JPG

This is a coversion of the Tamiya Duece and a half cargo to a dump truck. It is not a part of the supply column. It will be in a construction Battalion with a Bulldozer and Road Grader clearing rubble from the side streets to allow passage.

dump.JPG

Front worm's view. The bed is full of rubble. The soldiers have commandeered German civilians with shovels and picks to assist clearing the streets.

dump3.JPG

Another view.

dump6.JPG

This Duece is a heavy conversion from the Tamiya Cargo truck. I built two plastic stock oval frames and then skinned them out with very thin sheet plastic. Then scratched all the remainder of the bed.. The gasoline trucks were totally different than the water trucks such as the Italeri kit. I had to collect a lot of five gallon gas cans to fill the side racks.

gas truck.JPG

Another view. The G.I.s didn't care if their gas cans were German or American. They used both!

gas truck 6.JPG

Another view.

Gas truck 9.JPG

And finally.....

Gas truck 3.JPG

Here are all five together.

all1.JPG

Two more supply trucks to go to wrap up the column. Gonna finish them first and then the rest of the soft skins will go quickly as they are completely finished, only figures left to man them. That will close out this thread and then, three more threads to go! :ro:

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Attachments

• Cargo w:gas trailer.2JPG.JPG
    Cargo w:gas trailer.2JPG.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Bob, we had a bunch of GMC 353's in our well drilling business. I remember the the windshields only opening enough to make a vent at the bottom. I'll have to go looking at pictures, most likely some enterprising GI modified the mechanism. You would be amazed at how much those trucks could carry.
19460101 6X6 lower half.jpg

Looking good Bob, love al the trucks and their variations. I really like the posing on the figures half getting out of the drivers cab.
Posing onthe ambulance truck from the thread before was great as well! Very dynamic!
Keep 'em rolling Buddy(sorry for the pun).

As far as models in long transition - I have a lot of those. I have a BR52 with Voyager sets that is half done from 2006 (Planet Armor days) which I haven't posted here because I don't want to start the post on MA until I know I am going to complete it.

Wow, I have'nt seen so many trucks together like that Bob.

A lot of work, simply jaw dropping every time I take a look.

Michael

Back