• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Beautiful work Bob! Man that is sensational; especially the rope tie-downs. One thing I noticed, the passenger door seems a bit cocked to me; the top seems too far in while the bottom is sticking out. Thought you should know.

Love the GI in the ring; he's looking great!

Thanks Mark!

I doubt if I will ever build another truck without the tie downs. That was the smallest wire I have ever seen. No clue how to do them in 1/72nd?

You caught that, did ya? :)

I should pay more attention to details when I photograph my models. The bottom of the door is actually flush with the cab. It is the steel strut that, along with two others that support the turret ring, that creates the illusion of the bottom of the door looking like it isn't flush. I always glue the doors to the cab with the bottom half sides and bottom and that is sufficient to hold the entire door in place. Just something I have always done. When it was finished, I was fiddling with the figure in the ring and must have pushed inward the fragile part of the door that surrounds the side window. As it isn't glued, it's an easy fix. Just stick my finger inside and gently pull out back into place!

Bob

Apart from the mastery on display with these models, the tools, the techniques and so on (taught me so many great things and still learning), I really enjoy reading the extra info, stuff like this was sculpted by such and such who also wrote a gazillion books and created other things before anyone else. How's that history of modeling book coming along Bob?

Laurence

Apart from the mastery on display with these models, the tools, the techniques and so on (taught me so many great things and still learning), I really enjoy reading the extra info, stuff like this was sculpted by such and such who also wrote a gazillion books and created other things before anyone else. How's that history of modeling book coming along Bob?

Laurence

Thank much Laurence,

Unfortunately, my book contracted the covid-19 virus along with a lot of people and has been laying in bed, hopefully recovering! :)

Actually, I have been really busy with non-modeling projects. I have been able to keep on the diorama and accomplishing more than I have in some time, to the exclusion of books and other model related things.

Funny, how all my life, I thought of retiring as the Golden Age. When I would have time to do all those things I liked to do and none of those I didn't. Can you hear the giant gong sounding just then? I've never been more wrong about anything in my life!!! As a consolation, I wasn't alone! Every retired senior I talk to says the exact same thing! Oh well, look at the positive side. It's a hell of a lot better than the alternative! :)

Thanks again Buddy, hang in there and keep on keeping on with that Bismarck! :soldier

Bob

I was sitting at my bench today, working on my final GMC Deuce and a half and thinking I was nearing completion of the Military Soft skins. I swung my chair around to get a part I needed and beheld, a bin box full of horse drawn wagons, hand pulled wagons, little carts, baby buggies and bicycles galore for the refugees and German nationals. Soft skins are soft skins, military or civilian. They're all built and quick painting jobs, but, still....

Every time I think I am almost finished with a thread, I realize I am fantasizing.

Sorry about that,

Bob

I for one look forward to seeing those wagons done. Maybe I can try and scratch similar ones in 1/72 scale....

I can't imagine working on the scale you do Bob, must take an enormous amount of organization!

Thanks Warren,

I've heard that most of my life! I am totally NOT organized. For some reason, I seem to be able to keep it all in my head. Always have, No idea why?

Bob

Back