• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Just how big is your base going to be?? It will probable take up most of a room. Great work!! My Dad drove those trucks during WWII in the Pacific Theater with the 37th Inf. Div. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Found it.

🏗 🚧

Thanks Son,

I haven't seen that post since I wrote it! I'll try to find the originals of those Photobucket images and replace them. And, yes, I know you told me not to use them!!! :)

Dad

Bob, Plus Model seems to be following your lead on nice resin stuff. They have early Cat 12's in 1/48 and 1/35. I'm trying really hard not to buy the 1/48 kit.

The kit I used was the 1/35th Cinstruction Battalion, one of VLS' aftermarket lines.

When Squadron/MMD bought me out, they didn't put but a very small number of the 2,500 products we had into production. What a shame. I loved some of those products and really miss them today. Some of the 16 product lines were sold to other companies and some were lost forever. Since I retired 14 years ago, I have had so many inquiries about VLS' products. Oh well, that's life.

Bob

Just how big is your base going to be?? It will probable take up most of a room. Great work!! My Dad drove those trucks during WWII in the Pacific Theater with the 37th Inf. Div. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Thanks!
No, not that big. It is 4 feet X 8 Feet. (1.2192 meters X 2.4384 meters). Since 1978, when I started building the larger dioramas. I have built 5 of this size. Another 30 or so of various other large ones, but not this large.

A coincidence! My Dad was in the Pacific in WW II and he was in an infantry division until 1945 when he transferred to an anti-aircraft artillery outfit.

Bob

Bob that grader is magnificent indeed! It's too bad nobody does one in my scale either. That would be so cool to have in my collection. Oh well.

Yours is gonna look incredible on this diorama.

Bob that grader is magnificent indeed! It's too bad nobody does one in my scale either. That would be so cool to have in my collection. Oh well.

Yours is gonna look incredible on this diorama.

Thanks Mark!

You have built a sufficient number of models that you could build one of those from scratch is you wanted. (I know, I saw your collection in Chattanooga)! Get a lot of photos off the web, plus a drawing that shows dimensions. Begin with the largest part and work your way down to the details. It is far more satisfying than building kits and not nearly as difficult as some think. I prefer scratch building to kits. The reason I don't do all the vehicles is that scratch building is more time consuming. With these large dioramas, time is my enemy. Go for it, at least give it a try!

Bob

Bob, you are very kind and supportive. Yeah, that was quite the collection; I'm now eight away from having 800 finished vehicles. I just might make an attempt at scratching something. I do need to get over my aversion to having something on my bench for longer than two or three months. As it is; I have too many projects that are like that and it's like fingernails on a chalkboard seeing them constantly sitting... and sitting. I just want to get them all done and sometimes I have found myself cutting corners and accepting sub-par work just to get them off the bench and on the shelf. Your idea is intriguing; I'll have to save your pics as a starting point and see about trying this out.

Bob, you are very kind and supportive. Yeah, that was quite the collection; I'm now eight away from having 800 finished vehicles. I just might make an attempt at scratching something. I do need to get over my aversion to having something on my bench for longer than two or three months. As it is; I have too many projects that are like that and it's like fingernails on a chalkboard seeing them constantly sitting... and sitting. I just want to get them all done and sometimes I have found myself cutting corners and accepting sub-par work just to get them off the bench and on the shelf. Your idea is intriguing; I'll have to save your pics as a starting point and see about trying this out.

Mark, if and when you try that, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. I realize that to many modelers, scratchbuildinmg is the Bogeyman. It shouldn't be. It isn't nearly as difficult as it seems, it is more satisfying, not to mention a lot cheaper than kits these days! I actually remember when I bought Tamiya 1/35th tank kits for $5.00 each in Hobby Shops! Now, everything in that scale is nearing a hundred dollars! I happen to have most of the kits I need for my next 5 dioramas. As I mentioned earlier, time is my Bogeyman these days!

Bob

Bob , always a pleasure to watch your work !!
How you doin man , everything good by you ?

303 combat eng. Carentan

303combateng.jpg

Yeah back like a bad penny .
Talk to your son Pup , I'll give him permission to give you the skinny on my absence .

Back