• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

I really like the dappling on the Grey. What a beaut. The wagon looks really cool. Just amazing work on everything.
James

Thanks James

I've done a couple of horses before these, but it was decades ago! Had to do some relearning! :frantic:

Bob

Bob, I'm glad you're on the mend and now able to get down to the workbench. That is some sensational work on that horse and cart set! You nailed the dapple grey perfectly!

Thanks Mark!

I was never quite satisfied with the dappling? Some angles it looked OK, others not!

Bob

Here's to healing! They making you do rehab?

Great job on the wagon, I've always wanted to paint a horse, don't know why I haven't done it but it's on my long list of "wannas".

If they plan on Rehab, they haven't said anything. I doubt it, I'm walking with a cane fairly well!.The main problem isn't the ankle. This "boot" is so damned big, it is much higher than any shoe I have and it makes one leg longer and messes with my back!

I didn't think they were difficult, I had to paint 6 horses altogether and two donkeys, but, as I said to Mark, I had mixed feelings about the Grey!

Dad

Take it easy on that poor ankle, Bob!

Love the horses and wagon. That's a big clock.

Thanks!

Yeah, I hear you about the clock! When I was researching refugee photos, I saw some of the damndest things in their carts and wagons. One photo I saw a guy had one of those huge brass European espresso machines in his wagon. Those are maybe 4 feet tall and just as wide? That clock was the kind you see on a pole or a building wall outside. I have a ton of 1/35th furniture, but that was the only thing that would fit in the space!:bash:

Bob

Bob,

Sorry about the ankle... Our organist at church and her mother both broke ankles in the last few weeks. It seems to be THE in thing to do this fall.

The big question is: Why you didn't scratch build and entire conveyor system, from the spares box, to assist you to the man cave?

Thanks Barney!

Well, I've always tried to be on the cutting edge of fashion!:yipee:

Conveyor system eh? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, :good:

Bob

Get well soon Bob, sorry to hear about that ankle....
On the bright side, you know what they say, nothing heals an ankle better than some modeling magic.

Take care,

Laurence

Well after the broken ankle and the holidays, I'm posting the last of the Trucks and Jeeps blog. These are mostly the carts and horses, bicycles and anything that rolls but not armored.

I'll be posting all the refugee figures involved with carts, etc., om the Logistics, the figures blog later this week. A few of the figures have already been attached in some cases. First, the five bicycles. That is some tacky clay to hold then upright. The three on the left are loaded with photo0etch and very detailed. The two on the right with the resin female figures are the Tamiya kits. The one Babe has a really low cut top. Hey, I just painted it, I didn't sculpt it! :)

9.JPG

Then there are the hand pulled carts with personal belongings and a Baby carriage. Some parts appear glossy because they have just had the final touch ups. They will dry flat.

9999.JPG

This is one of the horse drawn carts with driver and passenger. I posted this previously but, I've added the tie down ropes and additional stowage.

99999.JPG

Another angle.

999999.JPG

The second horse drawn cart. It will have a Catholic Nun driving with an orphan girl seated beside her. The horses are finished but I haven't as yet hooked them up to the cart.

9999999.JPG

This one is not quite finished, I haven't attached the rope tie downs as yet, The single horse on this one is also finished, but still needs to be harnessed up. An older couple will be seated on this one.

99999999.JPG

All the carts together. My next post on this blog, the Jeeos and trucks, will be the final one on this subject. I will post these with the figures, horses and other animals that go with them, and then close out this part of the Logistics diorama. Two down, three to go! :) Armor coming up next.

999999999.JPG

Thanks for looking in.

Bob

Back