• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

I've been writing an article for the Spanish magazine, Dioramag, which will be coming out in Volume 5 after the New Year. I needed 130 photos as they are doing what they call a "Body of Work" feature. Lots of text and lots of captions. In the process, I found a photo I have looked for for several years. Back in the 1990s, I visited the Patton Museum in Fort Knox Kentucky. While there I photographed everything I could find of Patton's as I had this diorama in mind at the time. However, I had lost the photo of his two Ivory handled pistols and the custom made leather belt with twin holsters. I'm still working on the Train station building currently, but now I have this ready when I return to finishing Georgie Patton in a month or so.....

Patton_s_guns_Lo_res.jpeg

Bob

Hi there Bob.

Do you need any more information about General George Patton? I have a friend whose wife is close friends of the Patton family. I was thinking that if you needed something I could ask him and relate to them what you are doing.

Cheers

Hi there Bob.

Do you need any more information about General George Patton? I have a friend whose wife is close friends of the Patton family. I was thinking that if you needed something I could ask him and relate to them what you are doing.

Cheers

Hi!

A coincidence for certain! A modeler who is no longer on the website, had mentioned exactly the same thing to me maybe 10 years ago. He was in contact with Patton's great niece who lived in New England, (Massachusetts?), on the Patton estate there. I exchanged emails with her back then and drained her of all things Patton.

I appreciate the offer, that was very nice of you! However, as the saying goes, Been there and done that!

Thanks again though,

Bob

Just so awe inspiring. Seeing this has caused me to buy a few buildings, just need the nerve and time to try building a diorama. Nothing your size but something. Keep on building so I can keep on watching :D
James

Just so awe inspiring. Seeing this has caused me to buy a few buildings, just need the nerve and time to try building a diorama. Nothing your size but something. Keep on building so I can keep on watching :D
James

Thanks James,

Just keep on keepin' on James,

You'll get there! I have no plans to stop!

Bob

I am now working on wrapping up the trucks and Jeeps thread. So, why am I posting in the figure forum? Because before I can finish the trucks, I have to paint the figures that will go in and on them.

I'm beginning with the Dodge one and a half ton cargo from Skybow. The truck is close to being finished but, I have to mount the figures first.

This truck will have been converted from a cargo truck to an ambulance carrier for the walking wounded prisoners of war. Altogether, there will be seven German P.O.W.s in the bed of the Dodge. Actually there will be quite a few German soldiers in this diorama. There will be a German General being interrogated by members of Patton's staff. He will have his aid with him. Then there will be P.O.W.s being marched to the rear by guards. There will also be several Germans who were caught by G.I.s in a back alley. There was a skirmish and two of the Germans were wounded. One of the Americans have called for assistance. Out on the street, an NCO is receiving the call and sending a half dozen soldiers running to their aid. This diorama will have more than 50 vignettes where the figures will be interacting.

So., here are the seven Germans I have built, converted and just started to paint. The one in the forefront will be wearing a camouflaged smock. Most will be bandaged.

9.JPG

Shown here with the Dodge. There will be a large Red Cross on the canvas cover. The sides will be rolled up and stowed at the top so the figures can be seen.

99.JPG

Then, here are the five G.I.s. Three medics, the driver and co driver. Then the other medic will be riding in back with the prisoners. Then, an MP with a Thompson guarding the POWs. Plus there is an infantry sergeant on the running board giving directions, pointing the way to the rear lines and the prisoner compound.

8.JPG
88.JPG
8888.JPG

I'll post again here when the German figures are finished.

Thanks for looking in.

Bob

Last edited:
Back