• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Looks great Bob!

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

I myself have always thought that you have to start with the actual 3D aspects of a figure before doing the paint. If the part underneath isn't right nothing you can do with paint will correct it.

Thanks Paul,

You got that right! If the basics of the figure isn't there, you can forget thinking it will look good after painting! Actually, painting usually exaggerates what it goes on.

Bob

One of my Heroes. 4-0, Sir!

Patton has been one of my heroes since I was a little kid. I checked out some books on him written shortly after his death in the late 1940s. I think I've read every book written about him since!

Bob

As some may have noticed, I haven't posted any new work on this diorama in awhile.

I have had some minor medical issues since summer that have been annoying and time consuming. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and, if all goes as planned, I should be back at the bench near the later half of November. Just wanted to explain my absence of progress.

Trust me, I'm chomping at the bit as we say in Missouri, to get started!

Bob

Dear Bob.

I hope things are going well with you,now!. Anxious you to see your works again :eek:ldguy

Best regards!

Luiz.

Bob, I won't start to feel well until you can come back to the bench-No Pressure Here. :blink :laugh:

At Our, incredible state of preservation :eek:ldguy (according to those young 50 year old's) it is to be expected there may be a bit of dried paint behind the ears, a small crack in the clear, the pesky top on the CA bottle sticking like iron.

But all that aside; you keep on, keepin' on and we'll all still watch in awe and amazement, as we take notes and do our level best to emulate your builds.
Wheew! that's a lot of writen' so I better go take a nap to be rested for supper.
snore.gif

Be Well :good:

As some may have noticed, I haven't posted any new work on this diorama in awhile.

I have had some minor medical issues since summer that have been annoying and time consuming. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and, if all goes as planned, I should be back at the bench near the later half of November. Just wanted to explain my absence of progress.

Trust me, I'm chomping at the bit as we say in Missouri, to get started!

Bob

:coolio :popcorn

Luiz, Steve and Moon Pup,

Thanks! I appreciate your words.

Imagine me in a runners stance at the starting line waiting to get the word to head back to the old work bench!

:yipee

Bob

As one who has had a difficult summer of health issues myself; I know the feeling. I'm thrilled to hear you're getting them under control. I'm looking forward to seeing you resume your outstanding work.

Bob , hope all your health issues are sorted out and you're feeling better !!!
When the WWW first became a household item and everyone had to have a computer was also the first time I became enthralled with you and Luis P's work . It felt like such a short time ago yet in reality has been an age . I want to thank you , Louis and the like for all those years that got me back into the hobby , ............ and having spent a small fortune on kits B)

Thanks Dave! Neither can I!

Duke, we can't let illness get the best of us, Gotta just keep on chuggin'!

Bob

Agreed Bob. Onward and upward.... :soldier :drinks

Agreed! Onwards and upwards!!!!

Bob , hope all your health issues are sorted out and you're feeling better !!!
When the WWW first became a household item and everyone had to have a computer was also the first time I became enthralled with you and Luis P's work . It felt like such a short time ago yet in reality has been an age . I want to thank you , Louis and the like for all those years that got me back into the hobby , ............ and having spent a small fortune on kits B)

Thanks Glen,

No big deal, getting better by the day, I'll start posting some progress soon!

Well, Lewis and I talk almost daily, although we now live about 250 miles apart. I'm going to visit him and other friends next tuesday for a few days. I'll pass on your words to him! I have to stop and remember just how long ago that was. The boom years were from 1980, (When I was 39), to 2007. 1980 was nearly 40 years ago! Wow! Believe me, I was having more fun throughout those years than a human being should be allowed! I really appreciate your words Glenn, They mean a lot to me!

Bob

All the best from downunder Bob, looking forward to seeing some more magic from you :D :D :D

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

At this age, I only keep hoping what magic is left hasn't went bye bye! :yipee I can't believe I have actually been modeling for almost 74 years since 1945 When i helped my Dad build a balsa and silk F4F Wildcat!

I'll be giving it a try in a few more weeks! I'm heading to St. Louis this morning to visit a bunch of old modeling friends, Wes Bradley and Lewis Pruneau, Chris Merseal, and more! We'll come back on Friday.I got a few days off from the treatments.

Thanks,

Bob

Have a safe trip Bob! Glad you are on the mend and hope it stays that way. Enjoy your visit, wish I could join in as it would be something special to be around all of you guys.

Maybe I will be able to swing up for a quick visit again after Thanksgiving if you are going to be around.

Have a safe trip Bob! Glad you are on the mend and hope it stays that way. Enjoy your visit, wish I could join in as it would be something special to be around all of you guys.

Maybe I will be able to swing up for a quick visit again after Thanksgiving if you are going to be around.

I'll be fine! I'm damned near indestructible! Didn't you know that Paul? :yipee

The trip was great, I'll post some photos soon!

Bob

Back