• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The armor Updated May12, 2021.

LOL! I have to laugh at some of those backgrounds! Man that is so cool! I gotta see about getting me one of those programs.

Looks like fun! :soldier

It's a blast Son!!!

It's a fantastic tool! I would prefer to take the dioramas outside and photograph them in natural light and background, but, as they weigh as much as 300 pounds, I simply can't anymore! Right after I posted this, a guy emailed me and gave me information about other programs that will also come in handy. I'm gonna check them out as well.

BTW, this one is called Inpixeo. If anybody is interested just google that name.

Dad

Wow Bob,

I had to go back and re-read this thread it's a lot of man hours including the photo shopping work because that is a challenge within itself and many hours learning foregrounds and backgrounds...ahh the joys of photoshop.

Excellent work.

Michael

Wow Bob,

I had to go back and re-read this thread it's a lot of man hours including the photo shopping work because that is a challenge within itself and many hours learning foregrounds and backgrounds...ahh the joys of photoshop.

Excellent work.

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Yeah, there's a lot more to this hobby than people imagine!

Bob

This fifth Sherman in the column is nearly finished. The painting, weathering and detailing is almost there, I just have to take a break and paint the 10 figure crew and tank riders before I wrap up assembly and call it finished. Then on to number 6. This will be one of two out of the eight Shermans that I used decals for the tank art. The rest I painted by hand. I was originally going to paint a Daffy Duck on the side of the chassis but, due to the contrast in Daffy's black body and this dark olive drab, plus I think three tanks with cartoon tank art in this column is enough. I went with a decal from my parts box for this one!

Sherman5A.JPG

Shewrman5B.JPG

Sherman5C.JPG

I used the ARV workable T-66 metal Track links. The one piece plastic T-66 steel tracks are very poorly simulated. I won't be using any of them on the next three as well. Two of the other three still to go has HVSS suspension. I'll use The T-80 track links on them. The other one has the VVSS suspension.

Sherman5D.JPG

Sherman5E.JPG

Sherman5F.JPG

And a shot from the ground.

Sherman5BEA.JPG

Here are some of the details that will be attached as soon as the Crew and tank riders are painted.

ToolksA.JPG

A little closer.

ToolsB.JPG

Up close of the .50 cal. Turret mounted MG.

ToolsC.JPG

The two external machine guns and antennae blown up to about three times actual size.

ToolsD.JPG

The Crew

Crewa.JPG

The tank riders.

CrewB.JPG

These two will be bartering over a cash difference in a trade of a Nazi Flag and a German General's overcoat. Sorry about the out of focus photo.

CrewC.JPG

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Still looking good Bob! I do want to come up sometime soon and get a look-see before you put the cover on Logistics.

Seargent OUTSTANDING.jpg

Still looking good Bob! I do want to come up sometime soon and get a look-see before you put the cover on Logistics.

View attachment 133181
Thanks Paul,

You know you're welcome anytime, but, I don't think there's a need to rush. I'm making headway, and I would estimate it is 90% finished, but, that other 10% is not gonna happen overnight! You can bet the farm on that! :bash:

I keep wondering what it will be like to build another diorama. One thing is for certain, it isn't gonna be anything this size!

Bob

Back