• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Le Haitre Caterpillar Motorcycle FINISHED!

Starting to look interesting Mike . I love the masked heads . Going to be a good look .
Cheers, Christian

Thanks guys! We've spent the last three days finding and buying a new car, things have sure changed since I bought my last one. Hoping to get to the bench awhile today.
:Drinks:

So I've been working on this between projects and finally have enough to show what's going on. I found a cool candle holder at Hobby Lobby that I thought would make an interesting base. I made a paper template so I could fit the foam inside.
IMG_1336 (2).JPG
Then I laid out my paths and cut rigid foam insulation to match.
IMG_1338 (3).JPG
I used my grandad's old hot glue gun to attach the foam to the base. Next up was a layer of DAS air drying clay.
IMG_1341 (2).JPG
IMG_1343 (1).JPG
IMG_1344 (1).JPG
The stumps are from MaiM, I temporarily planted them in the clay for final placement after paint. I left the clay to dry, they say 36 hours, but I waited a week to be safe. Tamiya Flat Earth was airbrushed over the dried clay so white wouldn't show through the later layers.
IMG_1374 (1).JPG
I made a sign from styrene to go along with the pre printed ones from Mathos Models.
IMG_1347 (1).JPG

1611416241701.png

Since this is In Another World, I decided to add some L. Frank Baum flavor to the scene.
IMG_1373 (1).JPG
Using Vallejo Thick Mud, grass tufts from AMMO, homemade leaves and scatter, along with rocks from our street, I started laying the groundwork. This went pretty fast, so I didn't stop to take photos along the way.
IMG_1399 (1).JPGIMG_1400 (2).JPGIMG_1401 (2).JPGIMG_1402 (3).JPGIMG_1403 (1).JPG
See if you can pick out the other Wizard homages.
A few more shots.
IMG_1591.JPGIMG_1594.JPGIMG_1595.JPG

I realized I hadn't added the final dirt to the tracks until just now, so I'm off to the bench to finish it off. Thanks for coming by to check on me.
:Drinks:

Mike, that turned out terrific!!!

It all looks good, and several things pop out at me. The leather on the coat is perfect! The terrain looks real, the whole Idea rocks!

Bob

Thanks guys! I appreciate your taking time to comment! The leather jacket took a little time, but I am happy with it. :Drinks:

That's Neat! Give that man a salted nut roll!! :ro:
Whatever became of Gilbert Goatfrey?

Last edited:
Back