• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KV1 Shelf Queen 1/35 - 2022 update - base and figs completed

This turned out Superbly! Excellent use of color variation that draws the viewer's eye over the entire subject. :good:
:v

gZfFJTu.jpg

:Hiay Thank you all for the feedback left on this model.

Apologies for not getting back sooner but I have been very busy with a couple of job prospects and have not had time to get to anything much, plus I am back full time at a day job again while trying to build models and paint for my business, after hours, which leaves me with no time at all.

Stay tuned though for more shelf queens to be completed.........

Ian

Nice work Ian.

For an age old kit it looks dam fine with an excellent paint job and weathering.

Good choice on the track. Way, way better than the plastic offering. :good:

Michael

This KV-1 shelf queen finally got a base and figs......please remember its the old Tamiya 1970's kit. I only added Bronco tracks and a stretcched sprue ariel, plus a little damage to the track guard and MB russian figs. No added anything apart from that.
I thought it would be fun to build one of the old kits as is and just use modern techniques to try and 'dress it up'.
This was where it was last time.......
20190302_223119.jpg

To add it too the base it needed some more work on the weathering to integrate it with the base I had created .......
20211214_032105.jpg

so this is how it came out. Nice and simple but a lot of fun. Sorry for the odd blurring but my phone camera couldn't handle the depth of field well.
20220302_165901.jpg
20220302_165923.jpg
20220302_165949.jpg
20220302_170004.jpg
20220302_170201.jpg
20220302_170315.jpg

Hopefully I 'made a purse from a sows ear'.
I always find it fascinating how much a simple base can bring a simple model up a few steps of interest.

Last edited:
Back