• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joe's BTR-80

Leopard2

Here is my entry. Dragon's BTR-80 build OOB.

Joe

IMG_0311-1.jpg

IMG_0312-1.jpg

Hey Joe,

Is this one of the older Dragon kits,with rubber tyres?

Will follow this one for sure!:)

Greetings,Ron.

You want a set of resin SP Designs for that? Yours if ya want em (ie free):cheer: I was thinking of doing one of these as well. Good Luck!

Chevy, you got a pic of it? I never did anything resin before so I want to see what I might get myself into.

Joe

UPDATE 5/4/11: Joe's BTR-80

So I started on the BTR-80. It is a fairly easy kit so I should have build up pretty soon. The detail is a little soft but still not bad for an almost 15 year old kit. This is about 30 minutes worth of work. At this rate I should have the kit ready for paint by next weekend. Now the question is if I should paint the model green or green?

Joe

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Not all Soviet/ Russian stuff is green! There's fresh green, mid worn green, really worn green.....LOL They did camo vehicles up as well. Yes the detail is soft. I might recommend a RB Model barrel in the 14.5 mm range. I always wanted to do an interior on one. Looking good so far!(y)

I need a Mulligan for this $#@#%^&^%. The side doors do not fit at all and its for both sides. The gaps are just huge. I don't know yet what I am going to build instead, a wingy thingy maybe?

I tried last night as well as today to make it fit...no chance.

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

This might help.
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=174361&page=1

Thanks Ryan. At least now I know for sure it wasn't just me. But I think I still take a Mulligan and just use the BTR to tinker around and see if I can get it fixed.

Joe

Almost looks like a part missing on those doors. Sorry for the trouble Joe. Wing thing..yeah, I think we'll let you do a Mulligan for a wing thing...

piliot.gif

Whacha got in mind?

Bob, I haven't decided yet. Options are 1/72 Flanker, Fulcrum or Badger, 1/48 Badger or 1/35 T-62 or T-72.

Joe

Back